Assessment question weighting score

Adrian Simpkins

Hi All,

We have some assessments set in some of our processes - one of the teams using this feature wanted to have the actual weighting score available to use along with the Impact Level score. I wanted to see if this is at all possible, please? We can output a value of High, Critical, Medium, Low using our current weighting configuration, but I wanted to see if there was any way to output the actual total score that is calculated please? I am presuming it writes this value to the database, then the system allocates the relevant Impact Level / Threshold as per the configuration e.g. Impact Level is High, Threshold is between 9 and 15 - we want the actual score between 9 and 15 if possible?

Many thanks as always

On 11/25/2022 at 10:54 AM, Adrian Simpkins said:

I am presuming it writes this value to the database, then the system allocates the relevant Impact Level / Threshold as per the configuration

Exactly the opposite, I'm afraid - it calculates the Impact Level and then writes that to the Database, e.g.:
image.png

The real question here is: Why do you need the exact number?
The only way I can see to achieve this would be to have an Impact for each value and work from that.

• Like 1

Hi Steve

Ah no worries I was hoping it captured the value before calculation. 

I am unsure why the team want the value so I will push back and ask their reasoning. What I have done for them is include the weighting score in the questions asked / answered so they can manually calculate the score if desired. If they have a good reason to request the calculation value I will of course post back here

Many thanks as always