Change Date validation

Ann

Afternoon All

Hope you are safe and well.

Please would it be possible to help/advise if there is a way to add a validation onto a change date in order that a start date can not be after the end date please?  For example if the start date was 08/05/22 and the end date was 06/05/22 a message would advise that the start date was past the end date?  Thank you.

Kind Regards

Ann

• 2 weeks later...

Afternoon @James Ainsworth

Hope you are well.

It would be when people are raising a Change record, they have to enter the Start Date and then End Date.  Is there a way to add some validation so if the start date is 20/05/22 for example, the end date can not be input for 18/05/22.  If a date was entered on end date that was before the start date a message might display a prompt to the person raising the change.

Kind Regards

Ann

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Ann,

If I am understanding this correctly, you have an Intelligent Capture workflow flow that has a custom form, and on that form you have two separate date fields.  One asking for the start date, and another asking for the end date, and you would like the second field to not allow a date that is earlier than the first date.

At the moment there is no link between the two fields that would allow for this.

I'd be interested to know how the person raising the change request would know how long the change is going to take.  I could understand asking for a single date saying when the person raising the change request would need it by, and then those planning the change can work backward from that date to identify when it needs to be started by once they know how long it is going to take.

• 5 months later...
On 6/6/2022 at 7:27 PM, James Ainsworth said:

If I am understanding this correctly, you have an Intelligent Capture workflow flow that has a custom form, and on that form you have two separate date fields.  One asking for the start date, and another asking for the end date, and you would like the second field to not allow a date that is earlier than the first date.

At the moment there is no link between the two fields that would allow for this.

@James Ainsworth - We have this scenario on custom ICs - is this still the case?  Or is there now a way on an IC to check that the end date is not before the start date?