Email Templates list missing Last Updated data

@James Ainsworth

I grabbed the list of email templates on 17th March 2022 and the updated column shows dates for every template going back to March 2017 when we started with Hornbill.  Hornbill is now only showing updates made since 28th April 2022 (and these are updated dates, not created dates)

So has this functionality has changed in that it only shows a date if the template has been modified since it's creation?  If so why is this please?

This makes it harder to spot at a glance how old a template is.  We have over 1000 templates so being able to sort them for weeding purposes really helps.

Can the functionality be reverted to what is was before please? i.e Last Updated Date rather than If Updated Date

Hi @Stuart Torres-Catmur

I'm afraid that I'm not familiar with how it worked before. Looking at the column name "last updated" it would suggest to me that this would/should be populated on update, and not creation.  I can see that there may be some users that would be interested to know which templates have never had an update since they were created.  I will feed this back to the development team.  

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @Stuart Torres-Catmur

Some additional work has been done that will show the initial creation date under last updated column.  We have found through testing that some email templates did not have a creation date stored against them, so it is possible that some template may still show as empty.  You should see some additional templates with the updated column being populated, but we are still working on making sure that all templates have a date.

Hi @Stuart Torres-Catmur

I have also just looked at my data and the missing Last Updated fields in my above screenshot are not populated in the database as both the creation date and last updated date are empty.  This will explain why I am not seeing any value in the last updated column.

Using Database Direct you can browse to the h_sys_entity_email_templates table and have a look to see which of your email templates have a creation date and/or last updated date set.  While the code has been updated to set the Last Update to the Creation Date prior to an update, if there is no Creation Date, there is nothing that can be used to do this.  If all of your email templates do include a creation date, then this would imply that there is something wrong when it comes to displaying this information.  If they are empty, this would suggest that the template was created before these fields were available.

I've been told that the creation date and last updated fields were only added this year, on April 7th.  This would suggest that any email template created before this date won't have a creation date available and there for the last updated field on templates that have not been updated, won't be populated with the creation date. 

I hope that makes sense

Hi @James Ainsworth

on 17th March, I copied and pasted the full list of templates into a spreadsheet (i.e. as displayed in the application).  Every single one had an Last Updated date. 

I checked both the application front end and DB Direct and now most don't. Should I log this on the Customer Success portal as an Incident? 

This would seem to be either loss of data or the data wasn't migrated from the old Last Updated field to the new field added 7th April 2022.

Please advise.

Hi @Stuart Torres-Catmur

5 hours ago, Stuart Torres-Catmur said:

This would seem to be either loss of data or the data wasn't migrated from the old Last Updated field to the new field added 7th April 2022.

Yes, this is possible.  The development team have looked into this and may now have something to correct this which will be available in the next platform update.

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...