Can I make an IC form mandatory, but not the checkboxes?

Sam P

I have multiple checkbox groups on one form and none of them are mandatory, but at the same time I dont want the user to be able to pass the screen without selecting at least one... is there a way to set the entire form as mandatory?  Never skip form = True.  Thanks
image.png.3ca29ad6cca07dd5cb18d57948eb4f3c.png

• Sam P changed the title to Can I make an IC form mandatory, but not the checkboxes?

@Sam P

You can achieve this with conditional fields.

Have Computer Hardware, Telephony and Networks, and Other as a Radio Button set.

Have the Computer Hardware Option 1/2 checklist appear when the Computer Hardware Radio Button is set, the same for the Telephony and Other checklists.

If you set the checklists to mandatory on the Override Flags tab only the checklist for the corresponding selected Radio Button will be enforced.

image.png

This is assuming that you aren't allowing for a problem with both Computer Hardware and Telephony and Networks at the same time.

I set my Form as follows (I'd not added the checklist for "Other" at this point!):
image.png

Then the checklists like this:
image.png

Then on the Override Flags tab:

image.png

With the Condition like this:
image.png

7 minutes ago, Steve Giller said:

This is assuming that you aren't allowing for a problem with both Computer Hardware and Telephony and Networks at the same time.

Thanks Steve, this is exactly right and is in the context of an Equipment Service Request, so there could be none/any/many buttons selected in each group.  I'd hoped there may be a way to enforce something on the form itself.

Out of interest, what does "Never Skip Form" do? 

@Sam P Someone with a deeper understanding may correct me here, but I believe there are circumstances when a Form can be skipped - e.g. the Customer Form will be skipped by default if the Intelligent Capture "knows" who the Customer is, Never Skip Form overrides that.

23 minutes ago, Sam P said:

so there could be none/any/many buttons selected in each group

If you change the Radio Set to Checkbox, and the condition to "Contains" then that should work - you'll need to select 1 or more of the Computer Hardware, Telephony and Networks, or Other checkboxes and one or more checkboxes for each selected category to continue.

image.png