Enhancement: Allow Authorisation Decision to be reversed/undone by workflow

Berto2002

In our Change Request workflow, we have the concept that the Change Manager can remove the Human Task that the Implementer uses to declare the Start of the work. This effectively means they won't proceed because they are trained to use this task before starting. This can happen if, for example, new information comes to light about the CR any time between the time it is Authorised and the Scheduled Start Date. The case in point today is that the pre-cursor tests failed. Another case we have is expiry: if the Start is not declared before the Scheduled End date (missed window), the task moves on. My workflow then gives a task for the Change Manager to review the position before either amending the Schedule or the Plans and re-Authorising or Rejecting.

Here's the enhancement. I want to UN-Authorise the Change Request at that point so it very clear that the work may not proceed. If the CM authorises, in their review, it will again be Authorised in Service Manager. At the moment I am in the position of having a CR that clearly states "Authorised" and my technical staff could debate that they implemented an Authorised CR even when I've tried to stop it for very good reasons...

But here's the issue. The node for Authorisation Decision has no option to "Remove" an answer previously given: we have only Approve or Reject. I do not want to reject it (we are enablers to change not blockers). I request an option here to return the Change Request to the pre-authorisation state of null decision, please. If not in this node, is there another way to achieve it?

image.png.210631c4c8a04c2c31ccc1017368355e.png

@Berto2002 a new Clear authorisation decision option will be added to the business process designer.  This will allow you to remove an existing authorisation state (approved / rejected).  

This new option will be available in the next service manager update which is scheduled to be  pushed in the coming weeks.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...