Can Business process check against a pre populated list?

lee mcdermott

@lee mcdermott would you be able to provide an example here?  I am not sure if you are asking if the business process can look at an answer given to a progressive capture question? if so then yes using the Decision node, and in the Custom Expression you can look up and evaluate the answer to the specific progressive capture question, and then branch in the process, with the the outcome (matching Custom Expression) taking you down a path which fires your email, and if no match go down another path which does not. 

If the above is not what you are looking for, could you share some images of the scenario?

Thanks

Steve

@Steven Boardman

thanks steve,

so basically an answer on a form is to provide a users name, then I want the BP to generate an email if any name given on the form matches a pre populated list of names.

the list will probably be about 10 - 15 names. if the name doesnt match it continues as normal through the BP.

it sounds like from your explanation that this would work i think

lee

@lee mcdermott what you can certainly do is use the decision node and custom expression to do a check and branch and only email if the name is one fo the 10-15 that you are interested in.  I am not sure you can use the same list from progressive capture but you could define the names in the custom expression, something like below

So you would use the value from your progressive capture answer and then evaluate it against a set of values in the custom expression - something like this - using the 'is in' option and adding the 10 or 15 users to the options (ensure these are in the same format as the value in progressive capture so they will match

image.png

You will of course need two outcomes from your decision node - one as described above, and a 'No Match' which branches and does not use the email node - i assume after this you can join the process back up in the designer

Hope that helps

Steve

@Steven Boardman

brilliants thanks steve I will give this a go. There wont be a need to match them from the pro cap form as the field will be a plain txt field where the person completing the form will just manually enter a person name. I just want to then capture that name as it could be anything and generate the email if it is a list list of people.

Obviously the key will be the user completing the form and spelling correctly to match I guess. But I could possibly use and email address as the name to match so should hopefully always be spelt correctly.

I will give it a go and let you know if I get stuck with the expressions.

thanks

lee

@Steven Boardman

Hi steve, im just setting this up I have the decision node setup, but as it is looking at the last node outcome which is as below, do I need to specifiy the outcome on this node to look at the specific custom field (h_custom_a in my case) that will have the name in i want to check against?

how does the decion (custom expression) know which outcome to check against or does it look at all fields completed on the form for any match?

(hope that makes sense)?

image.thumb.png.0dfff54ebc5cb2c52f07551dd853fb3c.png