BPM's and Boards

lee mcdermott

@Steven Boardman

Hi Steve, hope you had a good weekend,

Can I just confirm there is no way to suspend a node and wait for an update that will start again when the customer updates or the call is updated by the system auto responder (i.e. after an emial update on the call)?

I was hoping any update on the call may trigger the node to continue, ive even tried updating the call by applying the update via the mailbox hoping it may trigger the node to continue as it has had an update from analyst rather than the system, but this didn't seem to work either?

If it can't be done thats fine I will abandon my current method I am trying to get working and change my process.

thanks

lee

@lee mcdermott the suspend update operation is awaiting the following - so it is waiting for an update to be applied via the update action on the request 

image.png

So it won't progress or un-suspend on incoming emails etc. 

The only other option you may want to consider is the concept of customer updates, and the use of sub-statuses auto-update on customer updates,  with the suspend await off-hold option.

I haven't tested this with Change requests, but it does work as expected with Incidents and Service Requests but you could look at something like this:

1. Add active and in-active sub-statuses to the Change Request request type (globally via the admin console or per service under configuration and the change request ta).

2. You can set am active sub-status the request will automatically be set to if a CUSTOMER update is received on the change

image.png

3. Mark vis toggling the sub statuses a request can automatically move from if a customer update is received (you'd need some on-hold sub-statuses for this to work).

4. You could in your business process but the change on-hold with say an on-hold sub status which allows an auto change on receipt of a customer update, which is then followed by a suspend await off-hold.  Then if the customer provides a update - via email  or the portal, the active sub-status would take the change off hold and the suspend await off hold node would come into play to progress the process and notify the change owner.

image.png

4. You would need to enable the following settings, in the admin console under service manager and settings

image.png

image.png

Now with this, one key element is the Customer, In Hornbill there is logic in place, which will only accept an update as having come from the customer is it comes in one of two ways

* Via the self service portal and the customer is the logged in user (not a connection or customer's manager)

* Via an email update from the email address held against the customer in their user record 

I mention these, as it would  not allow you to email to a distribution address, and then have each member of CAB reply from their personal email addresses, these updates would not be classed as customer updates, and as such the sub status would not change and the suspend await off-hold would not be triggered.

Just to repeat, i haven't stepped through this with a change request but the logic should all be in place.

The above approach should be fine where the customer of the change is a single user.

Our customer success team are available to assist with configurations and logic via our expert services offering, which your relationship manager will be able to arrange with you.  

Hope that helps

Steve