Authorisation

An update was made Q3 - 2019 to to allow the Request Authorisers to view a request before authorising, I currently have an External Authorisation in my process which I require the above for, is there a way a request can be viewed by the authoriser while using External Authorisation node instead the Authorisation Node or any alternatives.     

Thank you

Janett      

Hi @Janett Dervish

That update was to allow authorisers to view the requests on the self service, however they still need to be licensed collaboration users (not free end users) to be an authoriser. 

External authorisation is basically email authorisation, so they will not be able to see authorisation requests on the self service.

They will get a link to a web page with the authorisation task details in it, but not the request details. You could use the BPM to copy the relevant details of the request into the authorisation task, but as I say the external authorisers will not be able to see the request details and timeline (that haven't been added to the authorisation task)

Lots of detail about it here - https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php?title=External_Authorisation

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/15/2020 at 3:18 PM, Conor said:

Hi @Janett Dervish

That update was to allow authorisers to view the requests on the self service, however they still need to be licensed collaboration users (not free end users) to be an authoriser. 

External authorisation is basically email authorisation, so they will not be able to see authorisation requests on the self service.

They will get a link to a web page with the authorisation task details in it, but not the request details. You could use the BPM to copy the relevant details of the request into the authorisation task, but as I say the external authorisers will not be able to see the request details and timeline (that haven't been added to the authorisation task)

Lots of detail about it here - https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php?title=External_Authorisation

Hi @Conor,

We were looking into External Authorisations and initially looked at the Wiki... but there is no mention of requiring a Collaboration Licence on there.  Could the Wiki page be updated to include this?

I just wanted to make sure I haven't misread what you were saying - does the External Authoriser need to be a "User" user with a Collaboration Licence or could there be a "Basic" user with a Collaboration Licence?

Thanks,

Samuel

Hi @samwoo

A user will only require a collaboration license if they need to see the request details for the request they are authorising on the self service (or the analyst interface).

An external authoriser does not need a collaboration license, and they will not be able to see the request details on the self service.

External authorisation is basically email authorisation, so a collaboration license is not required, however they will be limited on what they can see in relation to their authorisation task (as discussed above).

I just wanted to make sure I haven't misread what you were saying - does the External Authoriser need to be a "User" user with a Collaboration Licence or could there be a "Basic" user with a Collaboration Licence?

The external authoriser does not need to be a ''User'', and a ''Basic'' User cannot be a collaboration user. 

Hopefully that makes sense, let us know if you have any further questions

• Thanks 1