Business Process Basics

Chibamba

Hello there,

I am having problems following the logic in a business process and the timeline in the request. How would one tell which part of the BP is running at any stage in the request timeline. I need to look at the request timeline and immediately be able to tell which part of the BP is running (and at which node) so I can be able to introduce decision nodes or any other nodes to change the work flow. Is there a primer I can read, I have watched the tutorial on BP but that does not address what I want to do and the wiki has not helped at all.

Thanks and apologies if this has been asked before.

Chibamba

Just to add some more context to this. What I am after is to turn off resolution notification for a particular customer, only that email address need tot receive a notification if that makes sense. Can this be done in the business process and how?

Thanks

Without seeing your existing workflow it's difficult to know, but it's very common to have a Suspend - Wait For Resolution node followed by an Email Customer node.

If that's how you're set up, you can just put a Get Request Details (to refresh the data) followed by a Decision node with a branch that tests for a Match on that customer and avoids the Email Customer node, and a No Match exit (always have a No Match from a decision node!) that does send the email.image.png