NOTICE: ITOM Preview Is Coming to a Close, and Early Adopter Phase is Starting

Gerry

Just a notice to let you know that ITOM is now feature-complete and we are getting ready for its initial release.  As a result, ITOM will be coming out of preview soon and we will be entering into the Early Adopter stage, which is likely to run until the end of the year. 

We are still finalising the packaging and commercials and are of course very keen to work with existing customers, so if you have been previewing ITOM and can see the value in the automation possibilities, and are interested in adopting ITOM into your environment, now would be a very good time to get in touch so we can discuss further. 

In the mean time, I thought I would share with you a quick look at the latest list of pre-packed content, we are building the pre-packed content library, adding new capabilities all of the time. You can see what packages are available here: https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/ITOM_Package_Library

We have now also added full support for automating non-Windows devices including Linux, OSX, *nix and any network device that supports SSH/SFTP. 

Gerry

image.png

• Gerry pinned this topic
  • 2 months later...

Great that you are moving ITOM into a early adopter phase as we have been investing a lot of time in ITOM.

However,  it would be far better customer service if you provided seamless access by having the license conversations before you remove access.

We have now lost access, stopping all development and progression until we have a commercial call and arrange the necessary licenses.

Hi @Gary.Reynolds

Thanks for your comments.  To be honest, we did not have much insight into who had looked at the preview or not, so I had posted the notice above on September 9th as I assumed that everyone previewing ITOM would be following this thread, given this was the place for any questions/support.  I had stated

"... so if you have been previewing ITOM and can see the value in the automation possibilities, and are interested in adopting ITOM into your environment, now would be a very good time to get in touch so we can discuss further"

So I had made the assumption that anyone that did not get in touch had no interest in taking it further.  I must also hold my hands up and say, that actually we got the timing a little wrong, because I understand that as of now, the basic ITOM functionality (what we are calling the free forever level) should have been left in place, but our various release timings mean this did not happen, so yes the ITOM functions did disappear, the free forever features (which is basically enough to allow you to test the capabilities, but not use in production) will be re-instated over the coming days, as our various releases converge. 

I am sorry for any inconvenience caused, I am happy to have a conversation with you about your requirements. 

Gerry

Hi @Gerry,

We haven't had the opportunity to try out ITOM yet due to higher priority work.  Are you in a position to explain a little bit about the basic ITOM functionality that will be available to all Hornbill users?

Thanks,

Samuel

@Gary.Reynolds

Thank you for your feedback and I appreciate your understanding, your interest in ITOM and your continue support. I have a lot of high hopes that ITOM will really help our customers deliver great value back to their business.  The levels of automation that are possible are pretty endless, especially when you combine its capabilities with the BPM, the new AutoTasks and of course Runbook Automation. I am delighted you can see value in our efforts, thank you

Gerry

@samwoo

You can get an outline of what ITOM is capable of here:  https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/IT_Operations_Management

The most important thing I can say is probably don't look at ITOM as just a bunch of features to add to your Servicedesk, its quite a lot more than that. The focus is on IT Automation, with a specific focus of automating behind-the-firewall systems, like Active Directory, networks, virtual environments, applications and across multiple device types covering Windows, Linux and OSX. ITOM can also do Software deployment, software re-packaging, job scheduling, network device and computer discovery and so on. 

We will be organising some webinars in the coming months as well as other supporting materials to help you get a better and more in-depth understanding of what ITOM enables for you. 

Hope that gives you a flavour. 

Gerry

• 2 months later...

Hi @Gerry,

You mentioned above in November about organising some webinairs in the coming months. Is this still planned as we are keen to take another look and refresh our memories? I have taken a look at the wiki but it would be better for me and my colleagues to see the tool in action etc.

Frank

• Gerry unpinned this topic