"Un-Complete" a Task

Michael Sharp

Hi, we have had on multiple occasions where tasks have been accidentally completed in Service Manager and unable to bring them back.  Can this be a system setting toggle or admin level role to be able to "un-complete" them please so large checklists etc do not have to be rebuilt from scratch?

Thanks,

Mike.

@Michael Sharp have you tried the following:

1. For Business Process Tasks - using the Do Not Allow Completion unless Checklist is 100% Compete

image.png

2. For Manually created Activities, use Activity Templates, which you can create the more complex Checklists etc, so if you need to re-create an activity, you are simply creating it from a template, not from scratch each time?

image.png

• Like 1

Hi @Steven Boardman these are for ad-hoc (once only) created tasks so would not fall under any of your examples unfortunately.  We have the same issue in Hornbill Project Manager and is a great annoyance.  I understand the principal but I think as a system admin or system toggle this sounds appropriate?

Mike.

@Michael Sharp i can relay these frustrations, in terms of the templates example i mentioned - you can use these for ad-hoc manual tasks, obviously where the check lists are for repetitive types of tasks and where you have defined them.

I will pass on the concerns.   

Can i ask, if you had the option to prevent completion of an ad-hoc task until a checklist was completed, would this also be a solution for you?

image.png

On 4/9/2020 at 5:19 PM, Steven Boardman said:

@Michael Sharp i can relay these frustrations, in terms of the templates example i mentioned - you can use these for ad-hoc manual tasks, obviously where the check lists are for repetitive types of tasks and where you have defined them.

I will pass on the concerns.   

Can i ask, if you had the option to prevent completion of an ad-hoc task until a checklist was completed, would this also be a solution for you?

image.png

@Steven Boardman Having the ability to block tasks being completed unless the checklist is complete as a system parameter would be perfect?

Thanks,

Mike.

@Michael Sharp scratch the above, this has been added as an option:

* When an activity is being manually created, and a checklist is added to it

* When creating and defining an activity template and a checklist is added

This means the activity creator will be able to specify on an activity by activity basis, if the checklist needs to be completed before the activity can be completed (the same behaviour as you are able to enforce in business process activities).

This will need to go through the testing and release cycles but watch out for the release notes for this addition.   

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Michael Sharp A global setting was deemed to be not flexible enough for multiple teams / users on the same instance.

* In the BPM you configure this per task per process

This new option allows you to choose to enforce it per manual task but also when you are creating your activity templates. 

So if you want to enforce this for standard manually created tasks, you can create different templates with the checklists, and then when a user choose to use a template for their task, if the Enforce Completion checkbox, as shown below is set on the template, it will be enforced by any task created against that template.   

image.png

Or as you say, when an owner creates and assigns a manual task with a checklist, they can opt to enforce the completion.

Hopefully the combination of task template and process tasks created checklist enforcement covers most cases. 

• Like 1