Update request from routing emails with attached text files

Alberto M

Hello.

We have an email routing rule that updates the requests with received emails. The emails are being updated in the requests but, whenever the received email has a text file attached, the update request is made replacing the original email contents with the contents of the attached text file.

With this, we need to click on the email System AutoResponder generated action options and choose "View email" so we have access to the email contents.

is this something you are experiencing as well, or am I missing any setting that is causing this?

Regards,

Alberto

image.png.b85af9758eb9347f95bb735561dd5370.png

image.png.b237f6b35fdb769332ed4cd3fde735c9.png

Hi @Alberto M

I've just double checked with the setup above and as I would have expected, the txt file is attached to the request but the timeline entry just contains the email subject and text content.  To my knowledge there is no functionality that would inspect any attachment content so I'm not sure how the above would occur.

Kind Regards,

Dave

@David Hall, fyi, this is something that a couple of my colleagues complained about here two years ago but, for some reason, it hasn't been raised with Hornbill and got forgotten and today a colleague raised it again.

Is this something you can try to reproduce and investigate?

Cheers,

Alberto

Hi @Alberto M

I've tried some more tests locally in various scenarios with different email types but currently I'm, not able to replicate.  I spoke with our platform team and apparently there was a scenario similar to this in the past where if the inbound email did not have a plain text body the HTML version was being interpreted and taking the txt file content into account.  The logic was updated a long while back so that in such cases a plain text version is generated from the HTML and should prevent this issue.

Due to the fact that I'm unable to replicate in my environment, it might be best to raise a support request with a specific instance of an email/request that has this issue, that way the specific email can be analysed to look for any possible issue.

Kind Regards,

Dave.

• Like 1