Service level timers not displaying on ticket

HGrigsby

Hi 

I am sure I am missing something really simple but I have a new BPM that sets the priority depending on whether it is hardware or software.  While the correct service level shows the timers don't.   I am sure I have missed something simple but I can't see what - I think I have been looking at it for too long! 

Any help very much appreciated

Helen 

image.png.d41866d7822d76df07fa211cb4fd558a.png

@HGrigsby mmm... from the looks of it, you only have displayed the SLA, not the Service Level as well... it would help if you can show what rules you built for Service Levels on SLA (if you have more than one SLA) and what rules you have for Service Levels in case your service is using more than one SLA, and if and how you have the Response and Resolve targets defined for each Service Level...  Is not a simple/easy answer as it really depends how you set everything up...

@HGrigsby I won't recommend raising a support request, it won't make a difference, we would simply come back to the forums since this is the appropriate channel for such queries.

Do you have more than one SLA configured so far? From the screenshots, it does not see to be the case, just wanted to confirm. If you only have one SLA then things are a bit simpler. So, assuming we only have one SLA then it might very well be the case that the rule criteria you have there does not match. Or at least for the test request you raised. So, can you have a look, on the test request you raised, is there any value for Custom O field? If there is a value, does the value has the text "other" anywhere within it? A the same time, is there a value for Custom N and is this value exactly "Software" (no other text or characters)?

@HGrigsby one more thing, which I realised after reading Bob's quarterly update, is that when using the new rule criteria (such as Custom O and Custom N), then you would need to have an "Update Service Level" workflow node if the SLA is re-evaluated (or supposed to re-evaluate) at any point during request timeline. Important: this does not apply for when the SLA calculation is part of raising a request sequence. In other words, if the SLA/SL is supposed to be set when raising a request then it should work when using the custom fields in the SL rules, without the need of the above mentioned workflow node.

@Victor   I don't think my custom fields are working correctly - going over it again.  It sets the SLA on one branch for the existing software but not for the "other" option which means a new purchase. 

I seem to have gone backwards with this as both options made the priority change to the required one earlier

I had to change the custom fields in the PC as in the rules they only go up to Custom_O

Hi @HGrigsby,

Going just on the Catalog Item that was in your Document (I don't know what other Services are affected here, nor do I know which ones are working correctly)

The issue is that not one ticket that has been logged against this Catalog Item has any of the key custom fields you are referencing populated - hence why nothing is triggering properly for your SLAs. 
I had a look at your Progressive Capture: PC - Assistive Technology which is what is associated to that Catalog Item and there are two issues (depending on how you want to set this up):

1) None of the questions being asked are mapped directly to h_custom_n or h_custom_o - so these fields would not be considered
2) The questions you DO HAVE MAPPED in the capture to custom fields are in the wrong format (e.g. you have custom_i instead of h_custom_i)
N.b - You could also set these custom fields in the BPM instead (by getting the Progressive Capture Answers, and using an "Update Custom Fields" node), but it appears that they also are not being set - everything is empty:

Screenshot_24.png

I recommend that the first thing to do (before looking starting to look at SLAs) is to ensure that your custom fields are being populated correctly. To do this, look at the Catalog Item you are raising the request against, and then work your way through the Progressive Capture first then the start of the BPM. 

Hope this helps,

Kind Regards

Bob

@Bob Dickinson

Thanks Bob, since I started this thread I've been through many attempts to get it working correctly.  :(

Since I wrote the document I have deleted all the custom fields and replaced them with new ones that I know showed in the list of ones you can use for setting the service level rules, which I why the ones in the document to don't match up to what is in there now.  I think I have removed everything and redone it in case I'd missed something.  I think I have removed most of the parts of the PC and BPM and redone them at least once!

I will be having another look at it tomorrow to see if I can finally get it working, (and get rid of the gotoif that now appears)    I have it running under a new test CI that only I can see at the moment.

Helen

Hi @Bob Dickinson

It is getting better, the custom fields now populate correctly and the summary and description set from them, I am still stuck with the targets not showing when the ticket is logged, I've changed the rules to match the new custom fields but it doesn't show the targets but priority does change OK

thanks

Helen