We import our users via LDAP and have found that there is a limitation on first name of 2 characters, however with an increasing overseas user base there are some customers that have no first name and we need a more robust way of importing them into the system.

So the question that we have, is can this restriction be removed?

Hi @Jeremy

As firstName is not a mandatory input parameter of the userCreate API, the LDAP user import tool does allow for users to be imported without a first name... So for this import config:

image.png

Fed this user:

image.png

Has successfully created this user in my instance:

image.png

The First Name field is actually mandatory in the User Details form in the admin tool, which I'll report back on, but for purely importing users with no first name the import tools work fine. Was there another issue you've spotted with single-named users?

Thanks,

Steve

@Steve G we had a user with a hypen (-) as a first name for other systems that we have but this was not imported into service manager, I will go back to our infrastructure team who look after the import and give them this information. If the add user in the admin tool can reflect the import tool then that would be appreciated.

2 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

we had a user with a hypen (-) as a first name for other systems that we have but this was not imported into service manager

I presume the reason is the 2 character limit? Did you confirm this by looking at the import logs or... ?