Ability to use key words in reports

lomixture

Good morning!

I was wondering if there was a way of pulling requests into a report based on whether they mention a keyword?

At present, we have a number of 'movement of item' requests that relate to a specific system we use inhouse. The supervisor of the team (who is a user, not an analyst) would like a report created so she can see how frequently her team are logging requests related to the inhouse system.

As the progressive captures are fairly generic, there isn't a question on the form which says simply ''Is this related to XX?'' as for 80% of the work it would be a redundant question. Therefore, I was wondering if we could search for answers including the keyword?

If not, I guess it'll be an excel filter situation!

TIA

Lauren

cc. @Gemma Morrison

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @lokent

Do you map any of these questions to Custom Fields (e.g. in the Progressive Capture, do you map the Property Ex Ref number to h_custom_a or another one of them)?

If you do, you could use either a view on the Request List (or the reporting functionality in the admin tool) to extract all of the requests where this field is LIKE or CONTAINS the system specified. 
If not, you can report on the Progressive Capture answers directly, but it will be a slightly more complex report involving a join in the Reporting only

Request List View

image.png

Reporting

image.png

Kind regards

Bob

Hi Bob,

No, we don't currently use any of the h_custom within our portfolio - but another dept who use the system do.

Would we need to ensure we don't use the same customs as them, or can you use h_custom_a for example in multiple services at once?

Lauren

Hi @lokent

The last part of you sentance is correc - the custom fields can be reused on a Service by Service basis (in fact, you can even separate them out by the type e.g. Incident, Service Request, within that Service too).

So if your other department are using h_custom_a for all requests logged against their Service named "Service 1" - you can still use h_custom_a, with it's own label against you Service named "Service 2"

Kind Regards

Bob

Hi @lokent

Yes that's right, any change you make here would only apply to new requests from that point forwards. In theory you could go in and manually update h_custom_a in every ticket...but I can imagine that would be a bit of a tedious job :)

One other thing it's important to mention - I remember from your implementation that in your Progressive Captures you have a lot of dynamic attributes (i.e. questions that only appear based on the answer to a previous question). 
If you have changed the field ID of a question that has some dynamic fields relying on it, then those links might break - so after changing it, you need to double check the Conditions to reselect the question.

I'm sure that won't be applicable in this scenario as the field you are discussing is free text and people typically tend to have conditional questions based on dropdown lists or radio buttons - but just for future reference, it's worth knowing if you are changing field IDs.

Let me know if you have any problems

Cheers

Bob