Install software constant failure

Dan Munns

Hi,

I have created a package to install Fiddler to one of our machines. Simple .exe file with a /S switch for silent install. 

However everytime I try and run the package and actually install the software I get the below error (2nd line): 

image.png.07753ea1d07c5046117fec66b7e6640b.png

It also did this with another installer with no switches at all.

Help please.

@Dan Munns This looks like an internal firewall issue. The remote job calls back to the computer running the SIS service on port 11117. Can you check that TCP traffic is allowed from the remote computer (the one on which the software is being installed) to the computer running the SIS service?

@Dan Munns

I believe we have identified the issue, it was relating to using the Admin Credential as the RunAs credential also, which would not work as expected, this was a poor assumption we made in the behaviour of the UI when creating the jobs, I expect a fix will be out today/tomorrow.

Gerry

Hi @Gerry

The error is generated on this BPM:

image.png.12beb73926422d16af3694b217204cde.png

The BPM I created just to test the IT Automation for deploying a package to a machine. The PC is literally just the target hostname.

As soon as I open the ticket I get the error message.

The package is deployed however. Removing the IT automation node also removes the error, which is why I assumed it was an ITOM issue. 

Triggering the package deployment from within ITOM causes no errors at all.

I cant seem to find the error in any of the logs I have visibility of though. 

@Dan Munns

Sorry for the delay in responding, this was a very odd bug that took us some time to track down and fully understand. This is now fixed and passing all tests, so this fix will make it into the pipeline over the coming days.  Sorry for any inconvenience caused. You will find it in service build 3231 

Thanks,

Gerry

• 4 weeks later...