Unable to pair server with instance

Dan Munns

Hi,

I am unable to pair the SIS server with our instance.

I managed it once but then the server went offline and wouldnt come back up and when I navigated to the localhost:portnumber address it only showed the register screen no matter what I did. 

Re-pairing just left the server paired/unknown/n/a on the dashboard and the server kept reverting to the register screen.

Removed the server app and rebooted the server. Reinstalled and rebooted again. Now it cant pair at all. 

Running on Windows Server 2012 R2 if it helps.

@Graham Sorry dashboard as in the ITOM section within the Hornbill admin console. 

@GerryI cannot access any Hornbill pages from the server (secure IE blocks) but the firewall rules are in place to allow the Hornbill IP addresses and it passes the test before installation OK.

Is there a list of IPs I need to whitelist? 

@Dan Munns

It's not IP's I would suggest, you need to update your local firewall settings to allow the EspSisServer.exe process access to the internet, you can further restrict by domain, basically anything on the .hornbill.com domain. If I give you IP's today (or you figure them out yourself) we may well change those IP's in the future and you SIS server will stop working again.

Gerry

I am going to have a look after lunch. 

Added *.hornbill.com to our corporate firewall so will see if that works. If not I will add it to the local firewall as well (though that shouldnt be blocking anything).

Dont you just love firewalls.....