Managing Shared Views - can't see any!

Guest Paul Alexander

Guest Paul Alexander

I have the Service Desk Admin role and would like to manage some shared views, but when  I try I get a blank screen:

image.png.9f3a9b0ec2c359b65845350117d9f83d.png

I'm using Chrome as default....could someone take a look please?

thanks

Hi @Paul Alexander,

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble using the Manage option within Shared Views. We have catered for the scenario that is causing an error in loading shared Views. We have patched this directly onto your instance, please give it another try.

Thanks,

Ehsan

Guest Paul Alexander

HI @Ehsan

I can now see the views, but I have to go to page 7 before I see anything (there is a chance I could do that before, but I'm not sure I tried!). But I can now see them at least...thanks

image.png.6ef58084bc789b1b34ea1519c5b44a33.png

@Paul Alexander That's strange - If you clear your browser's cache, logout and access Hornbill again, there shouldn't be an issue with managing Shared Views. Also, you can filter by an owner's name or by View name if you wish, using the Filter box within the pop-up.

I hope this helps.

Ehsan 

Guest Paul Alexander

@Ehsan

Tried again and got the same result. If I click the 'sort' button, then they DO sort in reverse, but if I click it again then I end up with 6 blank pages again! So it looks like there might be some 'orphaned' views somewhere? it's not a huge problem as I CAN now find the views but I don't think it's working as it should!

thanks

@Paul Alexander, @HGrigsby,

I just wanted to drop by to let you know that I have investigated this problem and have identified the cause of the issue. As a result, I have...

• Tightened up the database relationship to ensure that when a View is deleted, the entries in Shared Views tab are removed too.
  • Added an operation to remove the entries in Shared Views that do not belong to a View. This will take place on application update.
  • Updated the "Manage Shared Views" area to ensure that orphaned records are not shown.

This will be included in the next Service Manager build, which is due to be available in the week commencing 9th December.

Thanks,

Ehsan