Portal Guest Accounts - Generate Random Password permissions

I have setup a role to give out users permission to administer contacts and organisation, along with setting up Customer Portal Accounts. However though they are able to manually set a password, click on the 'Generate Random Password' button does not result in anything being generated.

image.thumb.png.265c5105ab766b04d2bca9dcca02e9c8.png

What additional application rights are are required for the ability for the password generator to work?

Cheers

Martyn

@Martyn Houghton,

Does it throw any errors? If its not even generating the password i would suspect a js error, maybe in the browser console.

Can you let us know what your password policy settings are set to so i can test with same settings. You can find these under your sys settings in admin tool, search for  "security.guest.passwordPolicy" . You should see options for:-

security.guest.passwordPolicy.minimumLength
security.guest.passwordPolicy.mustContainLowerCase
security.guest.passwordPolicy.mustContainNumeric
security.guest.passwordPolicy.mustContainSpecial
security.guest.passwordPolicy.mustContainUpperCase

Cheers

@Martyn Houghton,

Ok so these are the settings (attached) i used for my test role and it works ok.

I don't know if your user has any other assigned roles that grant them access to the required tables but for my test role i granted browse permission on h_sys_app_settings and h_sys_app_user_settings.

Let me know if that works for you?

Cheers

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG