Service Catalogue - ISO 20000

Adambingley

Hi All, 

Just looking for some advice regarding the Service Catalogue.

Does anyone use the Service Catalogue as their ISO 20000 compliant catalogue of services?

The reason I'm asking is because we are often creating a Hornbill Service to make logging tickets via the service portal a cleaner solution.

As an example, to make things clear to the customer, we have a service called "Security Incident" this is obviously not a "real" service, but it allows us to send the customer down a relevant progressive capture and means we cannot use the service catalogue successfully as an ISO 20000 compliant platform.

Wondering weather I should simply create an official the catalogue of services document and ignore the Hornbill definition..

It would be nice if there was a catalogue of services, and a separate solution for the start of progressive captures with the ability to automatically assign services to specific progressive captures if applicable.

Best Regards

Adam

Adam,

We use Hornbill exclusively for all our ISO management (27001 and 27018) , Document manager for storing all our docs and artifacts and Service manager for all incident management. We have a top level service for Cloud services (Which is the area of Hornbill covered by ISO) and within this several catalog items under Incident\Change and Requests, of which 1 is Security Incident. These have their own progressive capture which is pretty basic and is based off the required data from ISO standard.  The BPM for each then drives what happens to it (For example some get added to ISO boards for management to see,  some will result in tasks either changes to process, documentation or software etc) but that depends on what your process says for each type of incident. 

Hope this clarifies. 

Kind Regards

Keith Stevenson

9 minutes ago, Keith Stevenson said:

Adam,

We use Hornbill exclusively for all our ISO management (27001 and 27018) , Document manager for storing all our docs and artifacts and Service manager for all incident management. We have a top level service for Cloud services (Which is the area of Hornbill covered by ISO) and within this several catalog items under Incident\Change and Requests, of which 1 is Security Incident. These have their own progressive capture which is pretty basic and is based off the required data from ISO standard.  The BPM for each then drives what happens to it (For example some get added to ISO boards for management to see,  some will result in tasks either changes to process, documentation or software etc) but that depends on what your process says for each type of incident. 

Hope this clarifies. 

Kind Regards

Keith Stevenson

Hi Keith, 

I appreciate taking your time for your input, this provides some insight.

What i'm trying to get at, possibly not explained very well in my original post, is,  do you use the built in service catalogue for your full ITSM ISO20000 catalogue of services, or,  do you use these simply as progressive captures for routing specific requests through the various BPMs and have a proper ISO20000 catalogue of services in the Document manager. Although we use a separate system for our QMS so will likely put all out SMS documents in there.

Thanks

Adam

Adam,

Thanks for the post and clarification. I have now gone and read the ISO270000 standard around Service catalog management, which is different to what I suggested above which was us providing services to customers under 27001 etc, as you need to manage\audit the actual catalog items themselves rather than just present them for use.  If I were to do this I would be tempted to have a library in document manager for each catalog item and within that have all required artifacts including full documentation, list of dependencies (assets, suppliers, configuration items\information etc within this as its then fully audit trailed and versioned ) but lett me speak with our Service Manager team and see if we can come up with a less manual way of achieving the requirements objectives.

Kind Regards

Keith Stevenson

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Keith Stevenson said:

Adam,

Thanks for the post and clarification. I have now gone and read the ISO270000 standard around Service catalog management, which is different to what I suggested above which was us providing services to customers under 27001 etc, as you need to manage\audit the actual catalog items themselves rather than just present them for use.  If I were to do this I would be tempted to have a library in document manager for each catalog item and within that have all required artifacts including full documentation, list of dependencies (assets, suppliers, configuration items\information etc within this as its then fully audit trailed and versioned ) but lett me speak with our Service Manager team and see if we can come up with a less manual way of achieving the requirements objectives.

Kind Regards

Keith Stevenson

Thanks Keith, that would be much appreciated!

If not, I'll streamline the services in Hornbill specifically to categorising incoming requests. (Feature Enhancement, Report an Issue, etc..) rather than trying to channel users down services they don't understand.

Best Regards

Adam

Adam,

We have discussed this internally and the above still stands. We have raised a number of feature requests to better accommodate your needs with regards to ISO27000  (Full auditing on changes to catalog, basic reporting for usage, dependancies etc) and we will keep you informed as they become available. 

Kind Regards

Keith Stevenson