Hidden Service FAQs

Adrian Simpkins

Hi All

I just wanted to pose the question as to if there is any way we can allow our Customers to access FAQs setup on an internal hidden service at all please? We have a handful of services which will just be offered to our Analysts, but we wanted to still post FAQs related to this Service to the Customer Portal but of course as the Service is Service Desk configured only it does not appear that we can search the hidden service FAQ on the main search field.

I don't think it is possible but wanted to double check in case I have missed a trick anywhere !

Many thanks

• Like 1

@Adrian Simpkins

I see what you mean. It looks like you have to have at least have one catalog item which is visible to get the service to show and then the FAQ.

For visibility reasons, we have a service with one catalog item made visible to the portal, but the description says ready only. We stop them from logging new requests if they ignore the message by having a branch in the Progressive Capture which detects if the source is self service. We have a custom form which says they are not able to log request on the portal under this service against a field that is mandatory and has a regex on it to stop them proceeding.

I think it would be a good idea for the Service to be visible even if it only has the published FAQ and no catalogs.

Cheers

Martyn

Hi Martyn

Thank you for the above, I will have a look at this method and see if this is something the management would want to utilise - we are trying to keep our offered Services to a minimum though so adding this would possibly not suit the desired approach we are taking.

Having the option to have a service with no catalog items, and just show FAQs would indeed be a great solution and would mitigate the need for a tailored PC to prevent requests being raised against any service where we just want to show FAQs but still utilise the catalog items internally for our Analysts.

Many thanks

• Like 1