Switch Captures not working

stevebissex

Hi

I have an issue with Service Manager and I would like some help.

I have created several Progressive Captures, that work independently and on each of these my calls are logged with a Description and a Summary, and the correct category and priority etc however, I have now created a new Progressive Capture which in fact redirects the users to existing Progressive Captures depending on the answers to the questions, however, once it calls the Switch Captures and the user completes it to log a call the Summary & Description and Category and priority fields are not populating as they did on the individual Prog Capture and also the call isn't being properly auto assigned.

I know that it must be a setting that I am somehow missing  (maybe in the system settings so that the Switch Capture can take all the relevant information into the call

Steve Bissex

Hi @stevebissex

has the progressive capture you switch to the form for Summary and Description ?

When you switch to a different progressive capture, only the data in the new progressive capture will be saved. So, if your initial pro cap has Summary and Description and the new pro cap doesn't have them, then they will not be saved. 
You need to add Summary and Description in the pro cap you switch to; in this case the form in the 2nd pro cap will be pre-populated with the values you set in the 1st one.

Here are more details on the switch feature:

https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Progressive_Capture_Designer

Hope this answer your question.

Regards

Armando

20 hours ago, stevebissex said:

the Summary & Description and Category and priority fields are not populating as they did on the individual Prog Capture and also the call isn't being properly auto assigned.

@stevebissex - in addition to Armando's advice, you need to ensure the summary and description are correctly mapped to request details. The assignment bit looks to me more like a BP design issue rather than PC...