Authorisation step

Ianst

Hi all,

Do you know if the "Authorisation Required" step a mandatory function in Hornbill or can it be switched off?

Or even can it be switched on/off for individual types of request?

Am a bit new to this so any help greatly received.

Kind regards

Ian

Hi James,

It appears within the ticket. I have attached a screenshot of what it looks like there.

The issue we have is we cannot close off/resolve tickets assigned to colleagues.  The Approval Required process kicks in and tells us only the person who it has been assigned to can do that.

What I really need to know is:

Can we switch this process on and off as required?

Can we customise this function to appear on certain types of request?

There are certain requests (in fact the majority) where Approval is not required such as members of the team checking reports have been run. These tickets are automatically raised when a workflow produces an automatic email at the end of a routine.

Any advice greatly received.

Kind regards

Ian

Approval required.JPG

Hi @Ianst

The Activity will have been assigned by the Business Process via a Human Task node, so yes, this can be altered.
The wiki article on Human Tasks is available here.

There are details on Activities in general on the wiki here, and an overview of the Business Process Workflow here.

There is also an Advanced Task Completer role which allows a User to complete a task not assigned to them (which I don't have the link for, but I'll try to find it!)

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 10:27 AM, Steve Giller said:

Hi Steve,

many thanks. Let me know when you have the link please.

Kind regards

Ian

Hi @Ianst

The Activity will have been assigned by the Business Process via a Human Task node, so yes, this can be altered.
The wiki article on Human Tasks is available here.

There are details on Activities in general on the wiki here, and an overview of the Business Process Workflow here.

There is also an Advanced Task Completer role which allows a User to complete a task not assigned to them (which I don't have the link for, but I'll try to find it!)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Thanks for the link. However it is not quite what I am after. In the link it states that Tasks that require authorisation can only be completed by the owner, which is the problem.

What I really need to know is how do we switch off "Authorisation Required" for certain types of task.

We have staff who do the same job but are not always available to complete a task so one of the others picks it up.

When done, the task cannot be closed by the person who has picked it up.]

Kind regards

Ian

Hi Ian,

There are two different activities, one is an authorisation and another is a human task.  Your original screen shot looks like this is a human task that is asking if authorisation is needed but it is not the actual authorisation.  Human Tasks can be completed by other users using the when using the Advanced Task Completer role as described above, however this does not apply to authorisations.   There are mentioned of both tasks and authorisations in your comments, so I'm just trying to make sure I understand if you are looking at configuring a human task or an authorisation.

In the BPM, the authorisations and human tasks are different nodes with different options. 

image.png

Regards,

James