Error when script should be autoclosing depending on Customers response

Adrian Simpkins

Hi,

Our vision is to have our requests auto close after a 5 day period once the request is in a resolved status - this is achieved via an email sent to the Customer with a link to reopen the call if the resolution has not addressed their issue. I have set a decision node to check the status of the call after 5 days, and if it is reopened by the Customer it should loop back round for a review of the resolution, or if the Customer has not reopened the call it should check it is still in Resolved then move to the final stage to send a closure email and auto close the request.

However, i am unable to get it move to the closure stage so can anyone advise where I am going wrong please? I have included a screen shot of the BPM as below. The Request Reopened node has a custom expression: 'Flowcodes->RequestStatus==Status.open', and the Request Still in Resolved Status has the expression 'Flowcodes->RequestStatus==Status.resolved'. I am getting an error 'No Matching GoTo If Found'.

I have also set this code with a value of 'RequestStatus' from the FlowCode picker and this is kicking back a larger error but I think this is due to the decision node logic.

Can anyone advise at all please?

Many thanks

1393082602_ResolvedvOpen.thumb.PNG.6a18706e1ef723053d3974de956e807f.PNG

@Adrian Simpkins

Can you try putting in a Get Request Details node between the Suspend and the Decision, node to make sure you have the up to date values in the Flowcode. Also for testing purposes I would be tempted to also insert a Timeline update node after this and insert a team comment including the Request Status value, so you can see what the value is before it goes into the decision node.

Cheers

Martyn

Hi Martyn,

Thank you for the response. I will insert a Get Request node and let you know what happens. I did start putting a Get Request in but as there was one eariler in the script I was questioning myself !

I will try now and confirm what happens

Many thanks

Hi Martyn

I have amended the BPM, but it appears that our MSB instance is not available. I raised 3 calls ending 340/341/342 and they were not appearing in the New Request List, and now I am unable to get any response from the URL - not getting a timeout, or error, literally just sitting there with no response! I have emailed the Customer Care team to advise. Once it is available again, i will let you know what happened with the above

Many thanks

Hi Martyn

Our instance has come back to life (not sure why wasn't available earlier) and I have now tried the amended script, and now it is failing again with an error :  Xmlmc method invocation failed for BPM invocation node 'stage-070fd218/flowcode-67d2775c': 0200 apps updateReqTimeline FlowCode Exception (com.hornbill.servicemanager/entities/Request...

I added a Get Request details, and a Timeline update before the decision node, but now giving this different error rather than No GoTo If found.

Any ideas please?

@Adrian Simpkins

You need to update the 'Update Text' property to 'Manual' then use the field and the button to insert the flowcode field variables/text you want to appear in the timeline update.

I would also set the Visibility to 'Manual' with the value of 'Team'  as well.

This should then allow the BPM node to work and you should have the diagnostic values in the update.

Cheers

Martyn

Hi Martyn

Thanks for the above - I have updated the Timeline node as suggested above and have run another test call to see what happens.

So I am no longer getting the large error above, but now I am getting the original error 'No Matching GoTo If Found'. Screen shot of the timeline update is below including the 2 previous updates on the timeline

Thank you

78344815_Timelineupdatenode2304.PNG.8fe569a7af1a01195675119a2aece588.PNG

@Adrian Simpkins

Can you adjust the decision node to have the selection based on the database value (existing expression) and the display value, for both outcomes. I am suspecting the evaluation might be using the display value.

i.e.  Resolved Status has the expression 'Flowcodes->RequestStatus==Status.resolved' or  'Flowcodes->RequestStatus==Resolved'

Cheers

Martyn

Hi Martyn

I could only see Status in the flowcode picker, and not RequestStatus ? I did find a Request Status under the Suspend - Await Status Change - 5 Working Days, but this shows a value of newStatus rather than RequestStatus? Screen shot below. NB These were old scripts that another team member setup at the initial setup of Hornbill and already had RequestStatus set in this field - I think i selected Status when updating it as I could not locate RequestStatus then either.

So I amended both as per the below screen shots, then run a new test script and got the below error. FYI The error did not expand the text any further when I clicked on it.

Many thanks

1634910983_FlowcodeOpen.PNG.4a90f4f72a7ca64024faa4082c852cf4.PNG

724591341_FlowcodeResolved.PNG.9535be80886f662feeff16023ccfb33f.PNG

1283041217_Error1240419.PNG.2a93fa375c712abdeedcc4fb33f07cad.PNG

442052434_Flowcodepicker240419.PNG.6130e61e38231e61b7f476ef9ecdc7f4.PNG

@Adrian Simpkins

Get Request Details > Status is fine as this will the the status of the request following the expiry of the suspend node.

As you are not getting the NoGotoIf error it suggests it is getting past this and routing down one of the outcomes from the decision process then hitting a different error when attempting to send an email to the customer.

What does the HUD show, has it gone on to the next stage or has it gone down the Request Reopened route where the second node is an Email Customer operation.

Cheers

Martyn

@Adrian Simpkins

Okay looking at your workflow we it could either be the email customer in the next stage or the one on the reopened path. Presuming the decision node is now working can you check the setting on the email node in the final stage to ensure the settings are correct/valid.

To confirm the route through the workflow you could also add another diagnostic Timeline update node so you can confirm which route it is taking.

Cheers

Martyn

Hi Martyn

Thank you. I have checked the email node(s) and they all appear to be set correctly. Image of 1 of the 3 email settings shown below, all 3 have the same settings (same as emails earlier in the BPM which are trigerring correctly as expected i.e. New Call Logged, Call Resolved.

However, i have inserted a timeline update as below screenshot, and now the script appears to have completed all the way through to closure!

So of course, thank you for your gudiance. As an aside can you advise at all why adding these timeline updates has enabled it to complete? Both of the timeline updates are after the decision node logic so I just wanted to understand how adding these resolved the issue. Would I need to include these timeline updates in all scripts that will use this flow?

Many thanks for your assistance !

EmailClosure.PNG.c6febcc8042d5671dacade2597602bed.PNG

1328462837_Timelineupdate2404.thumb.PNG.89641c13e3d89305124ad66cf2538b6c.PNG

emailCustomer.PNG

emailOwner.PNG

@Adrian Simpkins

The timeline updates are only there for diagnostic purposes, so now the decision node conditions are working you should be able to remove them without it breaking the BPM. You could always replace them with additional Stage Check Points so you can see the route it went through on the HUD.

It is possible by going into each of the the email nodes has reverted/changed something which was triggering the last error, or it could have been something to do withe the test request itself.

Glad it is working for you now.

Cheers

Martyn