Supplier Imports

AlexTumber

Hi Everyone,

In an update released this afternoon, we have added the ability to import suppliers via a csv spreadsheet through the Hornbill Admin Tool. Simply download the csv template and populate it with all of your new suppliers. If you need help with mapping the fields, there is a popup dialog which describes the data required for each column. The first row of the template is also populated with example data.

As we introduce more features such as custom fields on the supplier form, as well as supplier visibility/permission checks, this template will be updated accordingly.

If you have any feedback on this feature (both good and bad) we'd love to here it!

We hope you find this new feature a useful addition.

Alex

Screen Shot 2019-02-06 at 17.57.56.png

• Like 1

@AlexTumber or another idea, allow us to link to an image online and import the url to the image.Will probably be easier just looking online for the images that downloading them all. 

Another quick thought, can we have the images centre; centre justified. 

I have noticed that some of the images move to the top and drives my ocd mad lol

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Hi, I know this is an older post but we're still relatively new to Hornbill, and I'm in the process of populating our suppliers in the supplier manager app. I've downloaded the template and added our suppliers, there are only around 85 entries. How long should it take to run? Thanks.

14 hours ago, JanS2000 said:

Hi, I know this is an older post but we're still relatively new to Hornbill, and I'm in the process of populating our suppliers in the supplier manager app. I've downloaded the template and added our suppliers, there are only around 85 entries. How long should it take to run? Thanks.

Just an update on this, I cancelled the upload last night as I had to log off, so started it again this morning and so far it's been over 30 minutes and it hasn't uploaded yet. There aren't that many to upload so not sure it should take this long. I don't get any errors, just "processing suppliers" and the Hornbill logo swirling constantly.

image.thumb.png.4028923b0aef2610e3b351a0b7347761.png

6 minutes ago, JanS2000 said:

Thanks Alex, it might be something I'm doing wrong, but I can't figure out what. Where will I find the server service log? 

Actually I think I've found the log files, in platform config? I'll have a look through and see if anything stands out and post back, thanks.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, AlexTumber said:

@JanS2000 thanks for your post.

It definitely shouldn't take long. Possibly 1 second per supplier so it looks like there is an issue that isn't being handled correctly. Can I ask if there is any more information in your server service log?

Alex

Hi Alex, I've checked the log and nothing stands out, no errors relating to supplier manager. It's just finished processing and this is the error that came up: image.png.7f4c1ce021d852a90a1086c44c5467f6.png

I've used the template I downloaded from supplier manager import. Not all the fields are populated as I don't have the relevant info, so I wonder if I'm missing some mandatory fields, although I thought it normally gave a list of errors - it did when I uploaded equipment to the asset list.

@JanS2000 if you are using chrome as your browser, press f12 to bring up the developer tools and click the network tab at the top. Then try and import your supplier spreadsheet. You should see an api call on the left per supplier record. I suspect one of these is failing. If you click on the response tab, can you see any error message?image.png

10 minutes ago, AlexTumber said:

@JanS2000 if you are using chrome as your browser, press f12 to bring up the developer tools and click the network tab at the top. Then try and import your supplier spreadsheet. You should see an api call on the left per supplier record. I suspect one of these is failing. If you click on the response tab, can you see any error message?image.png

I'll give this a go and come back to you. Thanks!

I think I spoke too soon, when I've clicked save to validate the first one, it's just doing the scrolling wheel of death constantly. There wasn't anything to update, but presume I need to go in to each record to verify/validate the info and add additional, but the records contain all the information I have on record already, so no changes made.

image.png.3ea03a9b825198c23a693bed9b0a0fbb.png