Cannot change visibility of emails

HHH

Hi

If the timeline is updated by the system for example by email routing rules the visibilty of that timeline post cannot be changed by the analysts.
That's those updated by the system autoresponder

This was possible before. We default visibilty to customer but in certain cases we don't want to show for example internal emails to the customer.

Rephrasing the question.
It appears you cannot change the visibility of any timeline post made by someone else. Which permission controls this.
I would like to add that permission to our users without giving everyone super user role.

18 hours ago, James Ainsworth said:

Hi @HHH

This has always been the case that you are unable to change a post made by someone else.  I'm not aware of any permissions to control this.  I'll ask for some confirmation in case I'm mistaken.

Regards,

James

It's not changing the post itself but the visibility of it. Most notably when it comes to system users for example the Autoresponder or through routing rules

• 6 months later...

Hi @HHH

Yes, I'm experiencing the same here. In some situations like this one from one of our analysts:

" I sent an email from one of my calls to xxxxxx with a visibility of team only, the reply is visible to the customer, which kind of defeats the object of keeping the email as team only as now the customer can now see the original email on the reply.
We are not able to amend the visibility when the update is from System AutoResponder can this be changed so that we can change this?
"

Did you found any way to workaround this?

@James Ainsworth, could you get any feedback about this?

Regards,

Alberto

Hi Alberto,

This has been the way that it has always worked.  At the moment, changing a post can only be done by the person that made the post.  This includes changing the visibility.  Because the system updates are not done by a user, these can not be modified by anyone.

What I would recommend starting with is looking at the default visibility settings and change the appropriate actions to Team

image.png

Many of the system timeline entries and BPM timeline entries are more for auditing purposes and these can be just noise to an end user.  Other than informative updates that would help the user, I would set as many of these to Team as possible.  In some case where a system timeline is too technical or has information that doesn't add value you to the customer, but you want to provide some information to the customer, there is a BPM Node that you can add to include customer friendly timeline updates.

image.png

There is an important aspect to not allowing changes to the system updates as it can mean that users can't manipulate the audit trail.

I hope that helps.

James  

• Like 1