New Starter Issue

samwoo

Hello,

A customer was able to raise a request via the Portal for a New Starter request to start on Monday 19th November, despite the Start Date field in the PCF using the Service Request Calendar and a minimum of 5 working days can be selected:
616945594_NewStaterRequestissue.thumb.png.114f6c3efd08a96314f1180d8d3c363d.png

About 5 of us in IT went into to check this New Starter Process since and we are unable to choose Monday at all... with the minimum date we can select being Wednesday 21st November.

How has she been able to bypass this restriction? This is the exact same process she (and others) uses for other New Starter Requests.

Is it possible there might have been something that went haywire briefly whilst she raised this request that allow her to select Monday?

Do I need to raise this via the Support form?

Thanks,

Samuel

@samwoo - I think I found what the issues is... from what I can see, the SLC is not taken into account when raising a request via customer portal... Shall I take it you and your colleagues tried this via live app? because it works there... :) ... So, this is how the customer managed to select a date that should have not been selectable... I'll ask dev team to look into this.

Hi @Victor,

My colleagues and I tried it through Service Manager and through the Portal (not the new version) if that helps.

I may be a little be narrow-minded here but what do you mean by SLC?

Thanks for looking into this :)

Ta,

Samuel

oooooh I get you now - SLC = Service Level Calendar.... yes was narrow-minded for a moment there.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Victor said:

I bet none of you tried in the context of a basic user, right?

That is correct, we only tested it as ourself none of who are "Basic" users.

Thanks,

Samuel

• 1 month later...

Hello,

This issue has come back :( Someone raised a request via the Self Service Portal at 17:04 on Wednesday 2nd January and were able to select Monday 7th January as the Start Date date of the New Starter... they should have only been able to select from Wednesday 9th January.

The New Starter request is still using the ServiceDeskCalendar (Monday to Fridays 8am to 5pm), with a minimum Date Range of 5.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Samuel