Create linked change request from BPM

HHH

I need some guidance here.

Is there a way to raise a linked request from within the BPM.

What I'm trying to achieve is this:

There is a human task in the incident BPM "Development Needed" which, when completed with Yes,  sends the relevant development information to Jira through the integration tool.

Since I don't want to keep the incident open (SLA's) until the whatever version of the application the bug will be fixed in, I want to create a linked Change Request to which the development information is sent and then resolve the Incident. The change then automatically creates the Jira through Integration Bridge ad stays open for future communication with customer.

That way the customer can see any updates and time is no longer a factor as well as the reuest list becomes less cluttered and processes are kept. Win, win for all.

So is there a node for "raise new linked change"?

4 minutes ago, HHH said:

is there a node for "raise new linked change"?

@HHH have a look here: https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Service_Manager_Business_Process_Workflow (scroll down to "Log Requests" section). What is not mentioned on the wiki is that you do have an option to "Raise New Change" and the newly raised request will be automatically linked (the wiki needs a bit of updating here).

• Thanks 1

• Victor changed the title to Create linked change request from BPM

Thanks @Victor

A follow up question. I had to rearrange the steps in the BPM moving the task in the flow and now I get reference warnings later in the flow from nodes referencing the task since the UID of the task has changed. Is this a bug or a feature?