Don't have permissions to see an email

Guest Paul Alexander

Guest Paul Alexander

I have full access to a particular mailbox (our HR Admin mailbox).

However, a ticket has been updated via email, which has added an item on the timeline, but when I (or anyone else) tries to view the email from the ticket, we get this:

image.png.746fc930b84a346dd5d7764f886d3bf8.png

When I do a search for this email in the mailbox, it isn't found, although other emails which were sent earlier in the tickets' lifecycle CAN be found.

Any ideas please?

Guest Paul Alexander

@Victor

Our routing rules DO say that an email should be moved in to the Deleted Items folder once an update has been completed. However, in this particular mailbox there is only one item showing in the Deleted Items folder (and it's not the item I'm looking for!). 

In every other mailbox there are lots of items in the Deleted Items, all of which I DO have permission to view. 

You're correct though (of course...not that I'd ever doubt you!) .....if I delete an email then I can't see it when I try to view it from a ticket. 

I'll ask the team whether someone is deleting stuff......thanks

@Victor Kind of a linked question, we would like our analysts to be able to 'view' emails that are sent as part of a request, but we have found that to enable this they also get access to the email inbox functionality. Is there a box to tick to allow people to view emails but not to have access to the inbox and all the other associated privileges?

@Jeremy there is no tick box but this can be rather easily implemented. Has been discussed in the past, more than once, and several customers have this working. Instead of mentioning them for advice (again :D) I will point you to the latest conversation about this. Hope it helps ;) 

@Jeremy so, reading your post again:

27 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

we would like our analysts to be able to 'view' emails that are sent as part of a request

Apologies, it seems I misread this and I thought you were looking to give the ability to send email without giving access to the mailbox, this is why I directed you to that discussion.

In order for a user to "view" an email, they would need mailbox access. There is no current way around this I'm afraid. But, may I ask, why does an analyst need to see the email? They should see the email body in the request timeline... ?!

@Jeremy - I do apologise but I think I am still missing something... when an email is sent from a request, the content of the email that was sent is included in the timeline... so I still don't see why there woudl be a need to view the original email? Sorry if I am missing something here...