Category Name

Alisha

Hello,

Has there been a change to the way the category name displays?

I have set up a capture to branch off to other captures, depending on the category selected. I titled the individual captures with their category name.

For example, Application/Software > DEF > Firefox.

Today we discovered that this no longer works, but if I change the category name to Application/Software->DEF->Firefox it then works.

Many thanks,
Alisha

Hornbill.jpg

@Victor For the criteria before the switch capture node, I have used the following for the Custom Expression:

Request Category, ...->categoryName = Application/Software > DEF > Firefox

This stopped working sometime last week. But then I changed it to:

Request Category, ...->categoryName = Application/Software->DEF->Firefox

Just a slight change in the category name made it work, so I was wondering if there was a change within Service Manager that altered the way the category name was displayed.

Victor, we had our captures named as per the category name e.g. Application/Software > DEF > Firefox which worked well.  Unfortunately something was changed last week that caused the category names to be changed slightly to having a '-' dash before the '>' and this then caused the captures not to work as they then didn't match the capture names.

We need to know just how often the category names are changed as if it's quite frequently then we'll need to change our capture process.

Having the captures the same name as the category allows us to have hundreds of captures through a relatively small main capture making our whole process more efficient.

Thank you,

• Like 1

@BobbyB @Alisha can you please have a look in admin tool, when you navigate to Home - System - Data - Profiles - Request, what value do you have for the "Name Separator" (screenshot)

image.png

The name separator will be what decides how the category tree is displayed and evaluated in the PCF. Is it possible, by any chance, the name separator was changed by one of your Hornbill admins recently?

On a separate note, from the screenshot you posted, it looks to me like you have a "request category" form followed by branching on category and then a Switch Capture which I assume it will switch to a specific PCF matching the category selection... this makes me believe you have a sequence of this branching in the PCF (i.e. many branches based on the category)? If this is correct then I can suggest a much more simplified way to switch to the "category PCF" by using a variable instead of the PCF itself... like screenshot. This way your PCF will be very simple (basically two nodes) and it eliminates the need for maintenance in case your category structure changes...

image.png

• Like 1

Thank you @Victor, we've checked and there actually wasn't a value in the separator field.  I've added one now and it has worked.

Yes that is exactly how we are doing our captures, so you can see how a change in the category name rendered them useless.

Again thanks for looking into this!

@Alisha