Supporting Teams, without restricting visibility

samwoo

Against the Service, we would like to set the Supporting Team, but to not restrict the visibility of requests (unless specified).

Can this be done at all?

I think I have this right, but correct me if I have misunderstood...

When you start with a new service is it initially supported by all Support Teams, and all these teams can see the requests.  When you add a Supporting Team, the requests for this Service can then only be seen by that Supporting Team.  

What you would like to have is the ability to add a supporting team, while maintaining visibility to all the other teams.  I'm guessing that the assignment will be restricted to this one team, while the others are more like observers? Would the none supporting teams have a read-only view?  Is this required for a single service or is your environment more of an open environment and there are no security concerns that all support staff have visibility to all requests across all services?

Hi @James Ainsworth and @Martyn Houghton,

Sorry for not replying sooner.

What we need is a way for a call to automatically be assigned to the "Supporting Team" of the Service, but without restricting any visibility of the requests for the other teams. This will also help when it comes to storing the name of the "Supporting Team" of the Service in an Email Template and possibly for other uses too. 

We will still require the ability for these requests to be reassigned to other teams if necessary for example if someone logs a ticket under the wrong service which can happen, or for a request to be escalated to a different team (such as Infrastructure) etc.

We have a open environment/policy here so everyone can see everything. And since the IT Department are the only users of Hornbill, this is not an issue.

There may come a time when we will need to start restricting things in greater detail, but at the moment this is not the case and probably not for a long time.

I hope this helps with my query?

Thanks,

Samuel

@samwoo

Using the 'Assign to Service Team' Entity node will assign it to the first Support Team linked to the Service which can be inherited, but not to an individual within it.

image.png.8240a7674afa02d4cd3c3899391de0c3.png

I have raised on post below the Auto Assign nodes to apply the same process where it will inherit the currently assigned team or take the first Supporting team form the Service, as above.

We have many teams assigned as supporting teams, but the Assign to Service Team only uses the first one added to the service, so we retain visibility. However this does not stop manual assignment, so I have a parent team for the whole service desk which has '(not for assignment)' appended to the end of it.

Cheers

Martyn

In the Administration Portal, there is an option under the Service Manager app titled Service Desk.  At the moment all teams are added to this list.  Eventually we will look to provide a way to specify one or more Service Desk under this setting and allocate the different teams to each Service Desk.  This might also be a good place to include more controls of the visibility between teams that are part of the same Service Desk.  

Hi @James Ainsworth and @Martyn Houghton,

Thank you both for your input. Some interesting ideas from Martyn, and to include any sort of configuration for this - having it in the Service Desk app sounds like reasonable location.

Since as of current we are the only department using Hornbill, calls start from Tech Support (Service Desk), then follows the Applications Team, then follows Infrastructure, so everyone can have visibility of everything and anyone reassign a call to the relevant teams should the need to do so arises. We obviously do have each teams broken down into more detail on Hornbill but that is the "essence" of how we work and provide the service we can.

Thank you!

Samuel