Add all attachments on ticket to automated email

Drew Davies

Hi All,

I've been hunting around the forums and the wiki and haven't been able to find anything detailing whether or not this is possible. Here's the scenario in a nutshell:

- Customer logs on to Self Service portal and logs a ticket

- During Progressive Capture, the customer adds an attachment (screenshot of an error for example)

- Business process then auto-forwards the call details on to the relevant department if it's not us in IT

- In the event of it being forwarded, the call is automatically closed

The question is, is it possible to include the attachment(s) that they added during PC in the email?

25 minutes ago, Drew Davies said:

The question is, is it possible to include the attachment(s) that they added during PC in the email?

@Drew Davies no, not if the BP fires an email (the auto-forward of call details)... attachments are not actually stored in call details, it's a separate section on requests...

So, only possible if the email is sent manually and the user actually adds the attachment... :( 

Hi Victor,

Thanks for the reply, I must admit that it's a shame that with all the things Hornbill is capable of, something seemingly so simple is out of reach.

I don't suppose you can think of any clever workarounds can you? The idea is that no human involvement is required for tickets like this

@Drew Davies I'm afraid no clever workarounds... the code (the business process) simply does not know about the attachments so we can be the most clever people in the world we still won't be able to defeat it :D ... it would require some development "magic" to have this functionality...