Open Requests over 3 months old

dwalby

Hi all,

I'm looking to create a measure showing open requests over 3 months old, presumably this will involve a WHERE clause querying the h_datelogged column but I wasn't sure how to build this to show requests logged over 3 months ago?

Thanks in advance

I'm sure @Dan Munns has some helpful ideas ;) 

In case he is busy (:P)... since you mentioned you want requests older than 3 months (and days in a month can vary) the WHERE clause can be something like this:

... WHERE TIMESTAMPDIFF(MONTH, h_datelogged, CURDATE()) >= 3

Obviously, this is in addition to your other criteria like, status is open, etc...

28 minutes ago, Dan Munns said:

that seemed like a thinly veiled shot at my (less than mediocre) SQL skillz (with a z because I am down with the kids)

@Dan Munns on the contrary, I know you worked on quite a few of these so you are now mastering them :)  ... don't let anyone tell you otherwise!!!

@dwalby hmm... I don't think it works in a measure, due to how sampling works... but should work fine in a widget or report... 

Can confirm widget works. For a measure could you not utilise a calls logged per month measure and filter it to show calls still open after x months in a table? 

Edit:

on the contrary, I know you worked on quite a few of these so you are now mastering them :)  ... don't let anyone tell you otherwise!!!

I am sure you did most of the work to be honest @Victor

@Dan Munns not denying my input, but I will quote your recent statement... 

On 09/03/2018 at 9:56 AM, Dan Munns said:

Always two there are, no more, no less. A master and an apprentice....

Oh how the tables have turned.....

You are ready!! :D 

@dwalby sorry for hijacking the thread with Star Wars quotes,  I just can't help it :D ... I hope you can pick up the useful bit here and there from all this ... :):) 

Hi @dwalby

Admittedly I haven't tried this in a measure, but this may well work:

h_datelogged < DATE_SUB(CURDATE(), INTERVAL 3 MONTH) AND (h_status = 'status.open' OR h_status = 'status.onhold')

Kind Regards

Bob