Error using Parallel Processing

Steve Giller

I have a BPM with three nested parallel processing sections. All but one of the required tasks would be created, so I did my default fix attempt of deleting and recreating nodes/links - this now brings up the error as shown in the attached image.
After taking the screenshot I completely deleted the "Visitor System" branch, but after creating a Decision Node off the PP Start node I get the same error.
Is there something I'm missing? Or is this a glitch?

I wondered if it was to do with the PP Start/End nodes names, but I have changed them to all be unique and the error still occurs.

Screenshot 2018-01-12 11.38.28.png

@DeadMeatGF hmm... parallel sequences within parallel sequences hmm  :D... right... I think is all to do on how end nodes are connected between themselves, so following the notation in my screenshot, link 1 does not currently exist (you mentioned you deleted it) and when you try to create it the info message occurs and the link does not create. So, delete link 2 (this is what the BP is complaining about), create link 1 (should be fine now) then (re)create link 2.

image.png

Yes, that works - thanks.

So the simplified version is:
When nesting PP, close each level from the outside in?

*edit*
On testing - works as in lets me create the nodes.
When I select every option:
The S Drive & Email Tasks from the outer process are created fine.
CRM, EBS, Registers Tasks and the ProSuite branch from the middle process are all working. The Visitor Task is ignored.
All 6 Pro* Tasks from the inner process are created.

This is still confusing me.

The visitors decision is "Custom PCF->[DEV] IT Access Requests->servicesRequired->System(s) Required contains visitors"
The registers decision is "Custom PCF->[DEV] IT Access Requests->servicesRequired->System(s) Required contains registers"

so I really can't work out what I've done wrong!

29 minutes ago, DeadMeatGF said:

When nesting PP, close each level from the outside in?

Yes, something like this ;) ... or, when this message pops up, temporarily remove the end-end connection and redo it when the "inside" configuration is complete...