Issue with displaying information under the 'Description' field under the 'Details' section in a request

Mihiri Kotalawela

Hi,

I have set following fields under the 'Get form answers' automated task in the business process as follows

- to display the first question of the progressive capture under the 'Summary' field

- set the 'Description' field to 'auto' 

Business process I am referring to is - https://admin.hornbill.com/walthamforest/app/com.hornbill.servicemanager/workflow/bpm/digital-team-v2/

But, requests logged via the portal do not contain any information in the 'Description' field under the 'Details' section. Am I missing something?

Thank you,

Mihiri

description field in the business process.png

description field view in a ticket - back end view.png

Hi @Mihiri Kotalawela

Having the Description option set to 'Auto' indicates that it will use the default setting for this field which in this case would be not to update the description.  If you are trying to apply the description using the  answers from progressive capture you will need to do as @Dan Munns suggested and configure the description in the same way that you did the summary by setting the Description to Manual and provide the appropriate text/variable. 

Regards,

James

Hi,

Thank you. Yes what @Dan Munns suggested works. But there is one more issue. As I want to display the answer 5 under 'Description', I used the following code.

&[global["flowcode"]["answer5"]]

It displays the text 'Undefined' under 'Description' even if I have provided a value for all the questions.

I have downloaded the BP and have uploaded here.

Regards,

Mihiri

updated description field value in the business process.png

updated description field view in the ticket.png

digital-team-v2.bpm.txt

@Mihiri Kotalawela Firstly you are using an old 'Get Request Questions' node. I would suggest changing this to Get Request Information > Progressive Capture Answers. 

On the next node you can then select the question itself (rather than question 1, question 2) using the variable picker (press Ctrl and click into the field on the description to get the variable picker to pop up) 

Secondly are you using standard or custom PCs? (the standard assets selection PC form for example will provide 'Undefined' no matter what you select in this instance, as I found out the other day) 

Once you have done that, save and publish the BPM and see if that helps. 

@Mihiri Kotalawela  in your BP you are retrieving answers from the "SRDetails" form (the "Get Summary Details" node). This form does not have 5 answers it only has 1, this is why you get the "undefined"...:

image.png

I understand that you are trying to capture the 5th answer in the progressive capture but this one does not come from  "SRDetails" form... The progressive capture for the request (Digital...) looks very complex so the 5th answer can originate from various forms... so the best solution is to implement @Dan Munns suggestion.

@Dan Munns just an FYI anyone can use the old 'Get Request Questions' node, it should work fine as long as it is used correctly and the functionality understood...