VIP Status

Hi @Prathmesh Patel

This post may help a little when it comes to alerting support teams when they are logging a request, or if you have a specific VIP service level which you want to use when a VIP logs a ticket.

In addition, it is also now possible to map values to the custom fields of the request details section of a request - so you could hold a custom field on a customers record, and then evaluate this field in a Business Process Node once a process starts to check if the customer is a VIP, if there is a match, you could update one of the custom fields on the request to reflect this - which would be visible to the teams who are working on the request (more so if the details section is flagged as expanded by default).

So the link above will explain how to add VIP flags to custom fields on customer records, once you have this, in order to use it in your business process, you can use a Request > Get Information > Customer Details at the start of your process, followed by a Request > Update Request > Custom Fields node, and in node configure the custom field of the request to take the value of the custom field of the customer record.  In my example below i am using the variable picker in the custom field a request field which i want to update 

Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 14.44.00.png

Or you can just type the variable in as follows:

Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 14.44.12.png

Once you have this set up, it will map the custom field of the customer record to the custom field on the requests - remember you need to make the custom field on the requests visible, in order for your analysts to see this, but you can do this using the form designer on the request, or against any service > request configuration > request type > form design where you want to use this.

If you want the details section of the request to be expanded so your analysts always see this field, then you can set that using the following system setting in the admin console > Service Manager > Application Settings

Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 14.49.12.png

Which would give you something like this on your request form and details section:

Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 14.52.14.png

Another option could be to do the same evaluation of the customer custom field when a request is logged, and then if they are a VIP - use the Request > Update Request > Request Details and choose to append the work - VIP to the summary or description text, but this would also be visible to the customer on the portal.

I hope that has given you a few things to consider

Steve