Quick Request Templates

yelyah.nodrog

We went live yesterday with out hornbill system, and so far so good! however I need to set up some quick request templates. I have created them in service manager/ administration/ templates however I haven't really got a clue what I'm doing and they done seem to have done anything? - I cannot find any information on the wiki. I would appreciate any help

Hayley

quick request templates.png

Guest Mohamed

Hi @yelyah.nodrog

With regards to quick request templates the purpose is to help auto fill the appropriate forms in Progressive Capture with the information you have pre-defined in your templates. 
The quick templates are only available when raising a request with a request type of either incident or service request and are available in the request details form of progressive capture. When you select a template, it will restart them form and proceed to fill out the progressive capture with all the information defined in the template, providing the appropriate forms in progressive capture have been defined for the information to be populated 
i.e. If you were to define assets in the template and then select that template, if you're current progressive capture doesn't have an assets form, then the data will not be populated

However, with that being said, this is now a legacy feature from which we have moved away from and will soon be removing. We have now focused our attention on Service based Catalog Items 
In Services, there is the option in Request Configuration to define Catalog Items against either Incident or Service Request types. Its purpose allows for Service Managers to define a Catalog and associate specific a Progressive Capture and BPM, one which overrides the defaults defined by the specific Service.

For more information please refer to our wiki: https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Request_Catalog

Thanks 

Mohamed

Hey Mohamed, thank you so much for your reply. Even though you are moving away from the legacy feature, if we have a catalog item for password resets and created a quick request template would it still automatically fill the information?

Many thanks

Hayley

Guest Mohamed

Hi Hayley,

With regards to Request Catalogs, they don't automatically fill in the information in the progressive capture. Their purpose is to allow for unique / custom progressive captures to be selected for that particular scenario i.e. Password Reset catalog item may only need: Customer, Request Details and perhaps Priority as the forms for the progressive capture to collect the data as opposed to various other forms in the case of say for example when raising a generic request, the other forms end up being unnecessary

If you wish to continue with the quick templates, depending for which request type you have made them for, from your screenshot i can see that they are designed as Service Requests, they will appear in your Service Request progressive capture, within the Request Details form at the bottom. Selecting a template will refersh your current progressive capture and automatically fill in data in the appropriate forms. I hope that helps

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask

Regards

Mohamed