Setting priority?

DougA

When logging an incident our analysts are prompted for the default priority in the progressive capture form "request priority". I've then got a customised form "DataEntry" collecting some further information which I want to use to change the priority.

In the Business process workflow I'm using the automated task Entity->Requests->Get Request Information->Request Questions followed by a Decision Mode with a Custom Expression testing formid "DataEntry" answer 1 and well as a No Match condition to determine which priority is selected by automated task Entity->Requests->Update Request->Priority. However, the priority isn't being changed.

There is another customised form in the PCW so I've also tried using Answer 3 4 although as I've got a no match branch is shouldn't make any difference.

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks

Doug

Hi @DougA

One thing to look at is the value that you are testing in your BPM workflow's decision node in comparison to the information defined in your progressive capture custom form.  Here is a screenshot of the a progressive capture custom question form and each option for a question has a value and a display name.  customquestionvalue.PNG

I would be interested to know if you are using the same text for both the value and the display in this progressive capture form and if not, which of these two are you basing the decision node in BPM on, the value or the display?  For example using the above image, Answer 1 == Minor or Answer 1 == Minor Change.

Regards,

James

I think I've got to the bottom of it. It looks as though I need the service. I'd noticed that I didn't have a HUD although older ones that did have a service selected did display the HUD. I added the form Select Service back in and All I've got to do now is find a way to assign the correct service to a request(Incident).

33 minutes ago, Victor said:

@DougA you can configure the progressive capture to present users with the "Service Details" form. When a user/analyst logs a request, he/she can select a service to be associated to the request.

That's just it, we don't want the user/analyst to alter the service!  For certain types of Incident we want to set the service and not allow the logger the option to override the assigned service. I can't find anything in automated tasks, am I looking in the wrong place?

@DougA you can associate analysts (via team) to a specific service so they will not have the option to select another service. But perhaps I am missing the point here, so perhaps it would be better to describe what you try to achieve (maybe with a one or few examples) to make sure we understand the issue? :)

Hi Doug,

Thanks for your posts.  From what you describe it looks like you are not wanting to use the service form or have it visible.  In its place maybe you are wanting the service to be automatically allocated to the request based on previously selected information in progressive capture.  

I would be interested to here what you think about the approach described in the following video.  The idea is that you would define these requests that you mention as request catalog items under the service that they belong to.  As each request catalog item can have it's own progressive capture and business process, I think that you will find a lot more flexibility in this approach.

Regards,

James