Reporting - Unexplained blank rows

Guest gregmarcroftorc

Guest gregmarcroftorc

Hi,

Each month we do a monthly helpdesk report and one of the things we report on is whether our SLA time was met for the response and fix time. On the report for July, we have 756 requests but 22 of them are not showing a 1 or a 0 to indicate whether the response or fix time SLA was met. Instead they just have nothing in that cell.

Is there any obvious reason for this or something I should be looking out for? I have tried to investigate myself but cannot see any common theme. I have checked the details section of those requests and thought it could be related to "site" saying 'No site selected' and things like that but then I check a request that has a 1 in the cell and that also says "site not selected" so it's not that.

If you would like me to provide this report or any further information I can do so.

Thanks

Greg

Guest gregmarcroftorc

Yeah I have just double checked.

IN00000488_closed.png

I did notice that the ones with these blanks do not have a green timeline even though they are showing as closed. I cannot see that they are cancelled or anything though:

Closed_but_no_green_bar_timeline.png

Whereas ones that have a 1 or 0 have this:

Closed_green_bar_timeline.png

When 488 was logged it did not associate the BP.... most of the time I see this is because the service is not selected during progressive capture or the service doer not have a BOP associated... 704 does have this.

Now, the BP is the one that caters for response and resolve timers. Because 488 does not have the BP the response/resolve was never started and stopped so the "SLA met" information would have never been stored... hence the missing info in the field.

Guest gregmarcroftorc

Hi Victor,

That's strange because the ticket for 488 is showing a service on the right hand side where it says information. I just assigned one of my external email addresses to that organisation and tested logging a ticket and the same service came up that is showing on the Information Box in ticket 488?

What is a BOP?

Is there any further testing/investigating I can do from my side?

@gregmarcroftorc apologies, #spell fail :)

BOP = BP = Business Process

488 has a service, but is not the service that manage the timers, is the business process... could be any number of reasons why the BP was not associated:

• service does not have a BP associated;
  • if the above is correct then Service Manager will use the default process for the request configured on application settings but there is no process configured there;
  • the process configured for the request or as default in application setting is not active. This could happen if someone is making changes to the request and saves the process without activating it. Saving the process will deactivate it by default so it needs to be activate either after s saved or by selecting the Activate option in BP editor (which will also save any changes made).

Guest gregmarcroftorc

I am wondering if it is related to something having been done in the admin tool or in the Service/Request configuration whilst analysts are using service manager? I have been amending certain things whilst a colleague has been dealing with requests on occasions. However, this seems strange as the majority of these tickets with a blank in response time and fix time were logged and dealt with by a colleague in Australia and I am based in the UK so we wouldn't have been working at the same time.

We have 22 requests that are showing with blanks on the report and 21 of them are external contacts who we recently would have set up a service for that organisation. The 1 other is for an internal member of staff who we would have added recently too, but I think we do that in the admin tool.

Also, I don't think it could be related to having no BP associated to that service because we use the same BP for all external incoming emails and surely this would have occurred for other requests for that organisation. For example 3 of the 22 are from an organisation that had 212 requests in July.

@Victor

Guest gregmarcroftorc

@Victor Sorry to keep tagging you. I have noticed a correlation between analyst and certain organisations and similar times which might be part of this.

Would I be able to send you an excel file of the tickets that are showing as blank? May be best doing it on a private message?