SLA Resolve Timer

flanderp

Hi,

I have a resolve times of high 1 hour, medium 1 day, low 3 days. When i set to low my resolveby time is seven days not three ? If i escalate the priority to high the resolve date and time does not change it stays at 7 days. 

Is there a document or video that explains how this works 

Thanks 

Paul

Ive worked it out after reading the wiki and managed to get the times right by working in hours and accounting for non service time.

However changing a low to high still does not update the resolveby time.

Thanks 

Paul

Hi Paul,

when escalating a call, it does not currently change the underlying service levels (timers). However, we are working on that exact functionality and it is our 90 day queue so it's not far away :)

• 2 months later...

Hi @flanderp I just wanted to give you an update on where we are with this.

To start with I wanted to give a bit of an explanation around the changing of a priority and why it is not affecting the Service Level Targets.  In the initial implementation of our priorities we wanted to take a flexible view on how priories can be used on an active request.  A priority can be influenced in a number of places.  You can manually change a priority, automatically set or change the priority within a process workflow, and you can also have automated escalations as part of your service levels. The primary goal for the priority was to give a support person the needed visibility of what they should be working on next based on priority.  

The increasing of the priority as part of an automated escalation provides the ability to increase the priority as the service level target approaches and therefore moving the request up the list when looking at a priority order.  This type of functional escalation should not affect the service level targets.

A functional escalation of a request can also be done by manually increasing the priority. This however does not always equate to needing to change the target times for a service level target.  This can be a useful tool for a line manager or team lead to drive the priority servicing of the requests in the support staff's queue.  A regular review, even daily, of a request list by a line manager can set the priorities for the day and the teams simply need to address these in the priority order provided without affecting the applied Service Level Targets.

We do have a number of features around SLM that are being developed and in some cases the work is already complete and being tested in a beta environment.  One of the areas that these features will address is reallocating a Service Level Target that has been incorrectly set on a request.  

We understand that there are a number of different ways that our customers want to work when it comes to a change in priority and if it should or shouldn't affect the Service Level Targets.  As the different SLM features are released we will look to provide as much flexibility as possible to allow for these different ways of working.

Regards,

James

Hi James

We are really struggling with reporting on our priorities, basically when we change them the timers don't recalculate, I understand you are working on this but we really need to have some timescales. Basically is this far off (months) or near (weeks).

I'm interested on your thinking around changing the priorities but not affecting the service level target - I couldn't think of a situation where this would happen.

As this was brought up in June I would be hoping you are weeks away - with most of our issues resolved in 2.32, this is one of the big ones we are waiting on. For us it couldn't come soon enough.

Nasim

Hi Nasim,

We understand the importance of the Service Level Management to our customers and we are also trying to provide something that will cover the wide variety of ways of working when it comes to Services, Service Levels, Service Level Targets, and Service Level Agreements. I find it both a fascinating and challenging area to create something that is flexible enough to meet the many scenarios while keeping down the complexity.

We hope to start providing some visibility to our customers before too much longer of the development work that has been underway.  We also want to make sure that the new functionality that extends the current Service Levels is a right fit for our customers.  As with many of our changes these will be incremental steps to provide additional SLM functionality and you will see these arrive over a number of updates to Service Manager.

Regards,

James 

• 1 month later...

Do we have the ability to change the priority and it automatically change the SLA timer- I assumed the fix was coming and had been deployed in a recent update.

Hi Nasim,

In a recent release we included some new SLM functionality which can be enabled through a Service Manager application setting. This can be found in Administration under Home > Service Manager > Settings.  The setting is  guest.app.view.ITSM.serviceDesk.enableSLM.  You can enable this setting without interrupting your current configuration.  

The documentation for this can be found in the following locations

https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Corporate_Service_Level_Agreements

https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Service_Based_SLAs

At the moment the ability to automate the changing of the service level targets is not available but you are able to manually change them.  The changes are under this Beta setting provide a base for our new Service Level Management and we look forward to our customers providing some feedback to help drive additional changes and improvements.

Regards,

James

Thanks @james  - can you give us a bit more info as to how to change the target of a ticket - eg. call logged as a P1 (4 hour fix) should be a p3 (16 hour fix).

I checked the links and didn't see a way to manually change the target resolution on a single ticket.

On 11/8/2016 at 0:21 PM, nasimg said:

Thanks @james  - can you give us a bit more info as to how to change the target of a ticket - eg. call logged as a P1 (4 hour fix) should be a p3 (16 hour fix).

I checked the links and didn't see a way to manually change the target resolution on a single ticket.

Hi @nasimg,

Some of the documentation is still in the process being created - apologies that you could not yet find the information you were looking for on the wiki right now.
To explain how this works, if you have the "Full Access" role for that request type (for example "Incident Management Full Access" or "Service Request Full Access"), this will grant you the ability to be able to amend an incorrectly assigned SLA. 

When you have this role, you will see a cog on the SLA as per below:

clip1474282660986.png

Click this, and you will be presented with a screen in which you can amend the SLA and Service Level to what you require. This will automatically recalculate the response and resolution times and populate the changes on the timeline of the request. 

I hope this help,

Kind Regards

Bob