Portal accounts - different levels of access, i.e read only

Martyn Houghton

In Support Works you can control the level of access contacts have within the self service, so that you can have some users who only have the ability to view current requests (i.e. requests) and other who have the rights to log new and update.

selfserv.JPG

Is there any plans to allow the creation of multiple portal accounts to single portal type, so the that different permission sets can be assigned portal users and for the portal then to handle the different levels of access?

Cheers

Martyn

Martyn,

Because of the different architecture there is no concept of multiple portal accounts, to implement such a thing we would need to make a similar method in the SM portal configuration against each basic user/contact account so these options could be set and controlled on a user-by-user basis.  This is something that the SM team would need to add specifically so I will let them answer specifically where we would be with this.  I just wanted to respond to the multiple portal account question.

Gerry

Gerry

Thanks. I suppose it is akin to us applying different roles to the portal users.

I also suspect there will need to be changes in the portal themselves as they do not currently implement the permissions fully that are associated we the current portal accounts, i.e. even though the portal account has the role 'Service Manager Authorised Guest' which by default does not have the application right to re-open requests, the options is still available and works for all portal users.

Cheers

Martyn