Unable to raise requests from portals

Graham1989

Hi,

I seem to have recently lost the ability to raise calls from either the customer or service portals.

Previously when you selected a service you got a "Get help" button, however this no longer appears. The services are set to visible in the configuration so not sure what is going on.

Any ideas?

Graham

When installing Service Manager it should have created some default catalogue items called "Get Help" and "Make Request". I'll review the update logs on your instance to see if there was anything unexpected during the upgrade.

In the mean-time, if you configure a catalogue item under your Incident Request type called "Get Help" (or any other preferred item) and associate an appropriate workflow and BPM, you will be able to raise calls.

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Graham,

having reviewed the log files from the last 7 days (during which I can see one Service Manager update was performed) there was nothing untoward. This could suggest that the issue actually occurred during an earlier SM update and I would speculate that for some reason the default catalogue items failed to create, although this so far hasn't been reported on any other instance.

Re-creating the catalogue item(s) will solve your issue.

Thanks,

Dan

• Victor changed the title to Unable to raise requests from portals
  • Victor locked this topic