Viewing who is online from your team

AndyColeman

Good morning,

Previously I used Hornbill Support works and always liked that I could see who in my team was online/offline this obviously helped for assigning tickets over.

I was wondering in Hornbill Service Manager if the same feature was available? I know you can view in the admin console who is online but that only helps admins. Is there a way we can see within the Live portal who is online/offline?

I had an instance yesterday where a colleague logged a ticket for another colleague who was on annual leave and I am trying to think of ways to avoid that scenario. If my colleague knew he was offline, he would not have assigned the ticket over.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Andy

Hi Andy,

In a few places you can see the on-line status of a user which is commonly represented by a green dot. One of the places you can see this is if you go to a workspace and click on the "Members" tab, you will see that each user has either a green dot or a red circle to indicate if they are on-line or not. There is also a more personalized status that each user can set in their profile.

There are many places, including in Service Manager where we have yet to take advantage of these statuses. You are likely to start to see the use of these statuses rolled out in more places over time.

Regards,

James

• 5 months later...

Hi @AndyColeman

I'm please to let you know that a new feature that displays the status of a support person when assigning a request will be available in the next Service Manager update 2.32.x.  It will show a combination of their on-line status that shows if they are currently connected to Hornbill and it will also show their availability if they have set this against their profile.

Regards,

James