Custom Forms, how are dynamic field types populated?

Martyn Houghton

I am trying to locate some guidance on the format/syntax used for the 'Data Provider' option when using a 'Dynamic drop down select' in Progressive Capture.

Rather than hard code values into the progressive caputure workflow itself I am trying to configure a custom form to use the dynamic drop down list, picking up its values, in this case software versions, from a 'simple list' filtering this based on the 'service id' selected within the progressive capture workflow. This way the ..

verison informaiton which is fairly dynamic can be maintained in a simple list without the need for the progressive capture workflow to be updated each time.

I tried to locate this information on the wiki and via a general google search, but no joy.

Hi Martyn,

great question, I've been eagerly awaiting this feature too! It would seem that what we are currently experiencing is the developers have exposed the "Dynamic" field types, but the mechanism to populate the list of data Providers is yet to be delivered.

From Hornbill Administration version 1.0.0.262, the Data Provider will be populated with a list of your Simple lists that you have configured in the context of Hornbill Service Manager > Data > Simple Lists.

Hornbill Administration build .262 should be available to customer sometime during Week 1 2016. I'll ensure the wiki is updated accordingly to accompany this release.

Hope that helps,

Dan

post-9818-0-41930800-1451386028.png

• 2 weeks later...

Dan

Thanks. I'll check the system to see when the release is made available.

From the screenshot it appears to be just a direct link to the list name. Which would mean we would have to put branching in the progressive capture for the node to select a specific 'list', rather than having the ability like you have in SupportWorks to filter the list based on where clause/variable or even select list based on a variable, i.e. service.

I wait for the release to confirm what it can do.

Cheers

Martyn