Email Template Variables

Lee C

Hi Guys, sorry am back i just cant find this anywhere online.

I want an email template to be able to pull the questions and answers from tickets, does anyone know which variable this would be from the list, i thought it would be questions but cant see it so not sure if its a custom field?

image.thumb.png.d1ec8f02d8782b1c5b5058ea551e6827.png

You'd need to map the answer to a custom field on the request (either within the capture form by setting the ID on the field e.g. h_custom_a, or by mapping it within the BPM process itself) and then use that custom field variable in the template. To my knowledge there is no way to retrieve a capture form's answers separately on an email template.

14 minutes ago, CraigP said:

You'd need to map the answer to a custom field on the request (either within the capture form by setting the ID on the field e.g. h_custom_a, or by mapping it within the BPM process itself) and then use that custom field variable in the template. To my knowledge there is no way to retrieve a capture form's answers separately on an email template.

oh god haha sounds complex, i dont know how to map the questions section as a custom field on a capture form or a workflow, is there any information anywhere how to do it?

56 minutes ago, CraigP said:

how do i know what custom field questions falls under or do i just choose one myself when inside the workflow?

Hi Lee - there are preset custom fields for various values you can map to. If you check here Mapping Fields from Customized Forms (hornbill.com) it will show the table of values. I have included a screen shot of one of my templates showing the mapping setup - you would just need to then map the data items you want to appear in the email template. The |empty value is to show no value if nothing is entered, otherwise it would just show the custom data field. 

Hope that helps !

image.png.cdda96baa8d01d175406fe7d25208fb7.png

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lee C said:

how do i know what custom field questions falls under or do i just choose one myself when inside the workflow?

Yes you choose the one you want to map it to, hence custom fields!

To map to a field in the Capture Form designer you just set the field ID to a custom field in format "h_custom_a" (or whatever letter/number custom field you want). This will then map the answer to that question to that field when the request is raised with that form.

image.png.799bff8675b897e983051fac05146963.png

In the BPM you can map custom fields by using an "Update Request - Custom Fields" Hornbill automation node.

image.png.2a1bb5eb2bc657f50093b310ecf75032.png

17 minutes ago, Adrian Simpkins said:

Hi Lee - there are preset custom fields for various values you can map to. If you check here Mapping Fields from Customized Forms (hornbill.com) it will show the table of values. I have included a screen shot of one of my templates showing the mapping setup - you would just need to then map the data items you want to appear in the email template. The |empty value is to show no value if nothing is entered, otherwise it would just show the custom data field. 

Hope that helps !

image.png.cdda96baa8d01d175406fe7d25208fb7.png

Thanks @Adrian Simpkins i think this is what im after, im trying to automate that when a ticket comes in from the portal it will auto fire out an email to an external party with the questions and answers.

• Like 1

@Adrian Simpkins wondered if you could shed any light please why my autotask wont continue that i have setup as custom button for this, so it works perfect in terms of the email sending out with the custom fields but the flow wont continue because of the below error

image.png.0bb1769515143326f74eff62667f7427.png

i cant see whats wrong as the email sends absolutely fine. any ideas? below is the node in the flow it wont advance from

image.thumb.png.e864d8e0bd02e947b1fd0954f1bd104e.png

image.png

To send an email, users need to have a permission to send from your mailbox. Assume you have this in place? The fact the email has gone does rather imply that you have...

image.png.d0d876957683b70e1d8ecd167cba9768.png

image.thumb.png.ef259790ea2cbf8dc1397e58da1af16f.png