New Feature Request: Request details form

Jim

I have been doing some work on the details form side of the system for our change service. I like that this takes wiki markup and I can use span styles to indent or colour etc, 

What would be really useful is to add:

• conditional fields
  • conditional formatting
  • data query for dynamic drop down lists

I understand the obvious would be to use intelligent captures as that's there main purpose, but I would argue that both are forms by right

Reason: Our change request forms are incredibly long and this results in information either being rushed and not enough detail. With adding this into the details form we are able to allow users to save as they go and return later to complete (These are licensed users) - We also have implemented a 'resubmit route' into our process so when a change is rejected for any reason before CAB, details can be modified rather than logging a whole new request

This is just the one case but I'm sure there is plenty of use could be had out of these simple features

• Like 2

Hi @Jim - I had forgotten it was you who raised this request 🤣

Linking back to this one:

Requirement 1:
In addition to what Jim has requested, I would like to extend the requirements to allow us to apply formatting to each individual field, such as setting the text colour, font size, font weight etc. and not having to do it using Wiki Markup.

The current colour of the Field Labels (a washed-out grey) is not great on the eyes regardless of being bold or not, in both the current UI and preview UI. As we use a lot of fields for Change Requests, this makes it quite a bit hard to read, hence tweaking the font colour to black in the screenshot below.

Requirement 2:
In the screenshot below, I am using 7 VARCHAR fields, where the label contains 4 dashes ---- (this is because there are no label fields available within Request Details). In the Workflow I am default these fields to each of the labels you see ie. ===Change Details=== and have made it so these fields cannot be edited.

I would like to request Label Fields to be available here. I believe myself and other have raised this in the past over the years.

image.png.1dbd3918d132948fed0659b1b23ae80f.png

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jim said:

it would be really useful if we could use the class container for formatting though so we could account for this whilst still having the customisation 

+1 to this idea as well