Document Manager Opening Docs in New Tab

will.good

Hi,
We are about to start using Document Manager links (bookmarkable links) on a load of our Portal pages.

When a customer clicks a link to a document it obviously takes them to that linked document (in our case PDFs)

However, when I use the browser back buttons to get back to the original portal page it takes me back first to the 'document launch page' and then I have to click a second back quickly to get back to the original portal page I was on.

If I am not quick enough on hitting the second back, it takes me back into the document and there is no backwards journey to get back to the portal.

(not sure if i have articulated that very well)

As a quick fix, is there anyway we can set document links to just open in a new tab?

The back button should take you back to the page before the document page so you don't get bounced back to the PDF, I have fixed this issue which will be in the next release.  Whether the link opens in a different tab is dependent on where the link is opened from, in your case I think it is the employee portal link widget, and I don't think the option is available there.