[ERROR] Unable to Update User Image: <USER_ID> (<USER_ID>) Error: ESP Image Converter Tool failed

Good morning,

On the 21st December, myself and a colleague set up the LDAP Import again and it ran fine during the day with no errors.

We are currently on the latest version v4.2.8

However since then, daily, and for only 90 accounts, it is displaying the following in the log files every day for the same accounts:

image.png.d0ab283a8fc9d113aa26611166ac9add.png

No other accounts are showing this issue.

In the Data Import Configuration tool, the Last Run Status is "Started" (so it looks like the process never stops, but we had set to -forcerun=true parameter to on from the 21st December).

But if looking in the history tab within the Data Import Configuration, it shows as "error", yet it shows what has been updated successfully.

image.png.e4f21d47fcb8d7498b0d18219063ff9a.png

Please note we are only using this process to update details about the accounts in Hornbill from AD, not creating any accounts into Hornbill from AD as this is done via our Hornbill New Starter process with the AD part of that process to create accounts being done manually (yes, we know about ITOM and no we are not using it).

What could be causing this issue, and how do we resolve, or force ignore it?

Thanks,

Samuel

Just a bit of an update after looking around the Data Import Configuration screens some more, it turns out I can display debugging in the message, so I turned it on and behold the wonderous sight of debug messages.

Turns out for those 90 accounts, there are no profile images:

2024/01/11 10:34:31 [DEBUG] Unable to Upload Profile Image to DAV as it's empty

Please can the LDAP_Import be updated to allow ignoring empty images to be imported in, and thus not doing anything against that account to the images at all. At the moment images against an account with no AD Profile Image looks like this in Hornbill:

image.png.66446bbbf44bb8eafa5d8bd0dfa1f01e.png

But in the past, it used to show up the initials of the user, so in my case would be SW with a coloured background.

@Steve G - Sorry for naming you directly; I saw you had input into this tool on other posts, but is this something that can be looked into? The ability to skip the upload of images if they are empty, as a setting. Of course, some organisations may want to flag this up as an error, but we don't need to.