Duplicates in Report

Jim

Hi, I have a report that links the requests, activities, and page visits together in a fashion, 

I have ended up with some duplicate results on activities against each page visit which I would ideally like to remove, I understand it happens as the page as visited multiple times and the same activities match the join criteria over and over, it's not awful but not ideal and I was wondering if anyone with a better knowledge on sql could help me with this? I was thinking about only joining based on an update being done within 1 hour of the request being viewed, however this is not ideal as many analysts leave tabs open and go back to them after this time so I would miss activities with that criteria

image.thumb.png.7d678a5490c793816dee0b69d7f53405.png

image.thumb.png.e689ae82c5fb22edde66ce230e4cc2b7.png

image.thumb.png.fe43c8a8ab8878325d7a291f5332f8c4.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 04/01/2024 at 11:27, Jim said:

I have managed to resole this myself with some sub query magic

@Jim How did you manage to remove the duplicate entries? I have a similar issue, but with FAQ's.  It's listing each entry twice, and looking to get the duplicate removed as it will be emailed as a scheduled report and don't want to have to explain to the recipients that they need to remove a line every other entry. 

With your's being FAQ's you would have to rework the query to look at the right table but as I say, it's very inefficient, What is your actual use case? maybe there is a simpler way with your problem?

Thanks Jim, I'll take a look at what you posted. 

Trying to populate a list of the FAQ's we have that are published to try and make it easier for a support team to use our 'knowledge base' for the time being.  I can get them to show, but it likes to add it in twice for some reason! 

Just looking for a single list of FAQ's.