Connections - Allow Collaboration, adding to timeline

Philds

Hi all,

We're looking at how connected customers can interact with a request. We'd like impacted/interested connections to post timeline updates to requests.

I've followed the wiki page on this but failing to see the ability to post timeline updates via the employee portal.

This is the service configuration. Some feedback on the new UI that it's not entirely clear if these options are enabled or not, I'm assuming grey button = enabled? If true, the 'All' button under View Request doesn't remain grey after reloading the page:

image.png.ca09db3062085be70e6739cd45eaa8b6.png

Just to confirm the request itself is indeed raised under this service:

image.png.58d04b9cf1c9d4365f2b5bd6cb80468a.png

I am not the customer, I'm connected as Interested. Going to employee portal > requests widget > change 'My Requests' dropdown to 'Connections' and clicking on the request shows this:

image.thumb.png.681c1a880b2f749ed76297a3762ca774.png

I'm shown under the Connections menu as 'Interested' and I'm able to remove myself.

I was expecting to find both the timeline and 'post something new' box as a customer would see for their own requests. There are are multiple timeline entries on this specific request where the visibility is Customer.

Have I misunderstood how this works or have missed a set in enabling this? The wiki mentions a setting to allow connections to view attachments - this is not something we need but it's the only setting I can find relating to connections.

Other info that might be relevant: The URL of the employee portal page is https://live.hornbill.com/INSTANCE/servicemanager/request/view/REQUESTID/

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

+1 We would like Interested/Impacted to be able to update the Timeline as well as view existing Timeline updates. This is especially important when the member of staff who logged the request is on leave. We do need greater team visibility please.

• Like 1